Scorpions In Georgia?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Catfish_Commando, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Had one crawling alone the ceiling in the new place?

Anyone ever seen a scorpion in georgia? This was the daytime :eek:oooh:

2. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    the only scorpion I want to see is the band.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Did ya bring a visitor back from overseas Paul?? :eek:oooh:

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Was it one of the little ones? I know they have them in Tenn. and Ala.
    Don't let Arlington find out.
    CrRaAAppPP Something else to watch out for.

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    If it was a little brown one, yes i would say they are fairly common in that area. Once you get the place reclaimed, they should thin out a little.

6. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    i donr like them things either:crazy:

7. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Sounds like a woods scprpion their sting is about like a bee sting

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN! They will crawl in your ears while you sleep and lay eggs! Then you will go mad! Runnin naked all the way to Gators house with nothin on but your BOC hat! LOL!

Unlike JW who is a 1000 miles from Georgia, I don't know. LOL!

Hope this helps!!!! LOL!

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I hate spider and any relation! OOOOH Yuck! I'd smash em' if I were you!
    There are HUGE spiders this year along the riverbank in PA. Bigger this year than I have ever seen em'!
    I know...I'm a wuss! LOL !!

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don't know about Georgia but we have scorpions in AR. At our farm I spray inside the house about ever 3 months. We always find several dead ones. The sting is extremely painful.

11. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Yep!Very rare! I saw one at Oliver Georgia as a teenager.That is about 65 miles north east of you.It looked just like the little grey to brown ones we had at Naples Florida.Down there people claimed they were different from regular bugs,and that the regular insecticides didn;t work good on them.You will see a lot more Black Widow and Brown Recluse spiders in Georgia.I never talked to a old "Woodsman" in Georgia that had ever seen one,including loggers,surveyors,etc.I use a large Tokay Gecko to keep my house free of all insects and mice.Natures way,being a lot of pesticides give me breathing problems.Scorpion stings were considered like a wasp or bee sting in Florida.Mowing and cleaning up around a home can and usually does drive a lot of displaced critters to seek new homes and cover."They got to go somewhere".Keep a good eye out as some can be dangerous.peewee-williams

12. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    We reclaimed my grandpas old place, and fixed it up. A tree limb had fallen, and opened up a large hole over the kitchen. We killed a bunch of them during the remodel. We had it treated by Orkin, but on occasion, found one for a few years. If you want to wake up in a hurry, step on one in the middle of the night with your bare feet while going to the kitchen, or bathroom. I wouldn't want one to sting a small child. Jack.

13. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Paul your out in the country now brother so forget those city ways and learn to live with nature, just because you have indoor pluming don't mean you have to live like some facy pants goodie too shoes..........LMAO.....

14. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    bugs of all kinds have a purpose ,what that is im not sure . when i lived in wyoming we used to catch small scorpions and sell them at school for a quarter a peice lol man would city slickers buy anything , iv held some that were 2 inches in the palm of my hand never been stung thank God .you could probly catch them and transport them to a poisen control center to make a anti venom course it would be easier for most of us to just squishem lol Paul sounds like you need to call the orkin man ,good luck

15. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Big George, you just presented a mental image that caused me to seek professional help once again.

Big bad Army sargeant caught running naked in the woods with nothing on but a BOC hat. His wife close behing trying to throw a net over him.:crazy:

16. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    When ever you have enough land to have a tractor, you'll have scorpions. They should have told ya. hehehe:lol::lol::lol:

17. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Typical South Georgia redneck mating scene.Nothing unusual here.peewee-williams

18. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I seen them all the time when I lived in Ga. running service calls in the southern part of the state. Small brown ones some small black ones.

19. Guthooked

Guthooked New Member

State:
    Ga
    I have lived in Ga for all my live except the 4 years I was in the Air Force. I have seen exactly 3 scorpions here in Ga. Two of them were seen in the same day.

20. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I have seen a bunch but then again I am always looking under logs and such for snakes so your bound to see a bunch of different things.