Scope

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by 223reload, Oct 27, 2006.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ive been trying to find some answers to this on other forums and cant get any decent info first i am not really interested in what you think of BSA scopes in general i want to know if anyone is using a BSA sweet 17 or sweet 22 riflescope and if so how do you like it?

2. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Sorry brother can't help ya there. Nothing but Leoupolds on my guns.... I love em.....

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    They ain't much, I don't personaly own any but I know a guy that has tryed 2 and throwed both away.

4. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I got one of those BSA scopes, got it for christmas one year. It was a great big ole thing so I thought well I'll give it a try. I also got a 7mm that year also. So I fiddled around and finally stuck it on there for laughs but that has been about 7 years ago and the BSA still sets on top of the magnum. It is the only one I have ever had but I can't complain about it now and yes I do shoot the 7mm because I use it to dear hunt almost ever year.
    I know this didn't really answear you question but I felt like blabing anyway, but I think the scope would hold up good.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well thanks for the response folks the reason Im 'askin is i went and bought a sweet 17 to put on my ruger 77/17 hmr and the day i bought it i was reading a forum thread where everyone was badmouthing bsa scopes so i wanted to find out if anyone had the one i got to make a comparative
    im going to use it no matter

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I think it will do just fine now if it was going to be a once in a lifetime hunt then it may be different.:confused2:

7. barefootarkie

barefootarkie New Member

State:
    central Ar
    You can go to MidwayUSA.com and type 426674 (this is the product # for the BSA sweet 17) or type bsa, into the search feature at the top of the page. Click on 'Read the Reviews' and get feedback from others that have used the scope(s). On occasion, the 'Read the Reviews' feature at Midway has helped me on deciding about buying a product that I was not familar with. Jimmy

8. wigginsdano59

wigginsdano59 New Member

State:
    alabama
    we are not discussing the quality of bsa. the idea of the sweet 17 is a great one. if i had a 17hmr i would try one . i work for a wholesale distbr. and we did not have any sweet 22 this year. i sell more nikon than anything else, however bsa has its place in the market.