Scope Covers?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by derbycitycatman, Jun 28, 2008.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Okay all the scopes I have/had always have those crappy covers that the bungee cords break or whatever. Ol wally world has the flip top caps on sale, so far only have one that fits:angry:but may be able to get another one. Or I can go with the bikini scope covers. Besides the cool name of bikini scope cover does any one have any experience with these or the flip top kind.

I like the idea of the flip tops where you just flip it up when you need it but Im concerened over the plastic and when/if it breaks then its garbage. The bikini oughta last a long time but would have to be taken off before hunting. SO, does anyone have any experience with these or other lens protectors???

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brian,The only type of scope covers I have are the old bungee type on my Tasco's and a Military [I think] type on my BSA Sweet 17 ,This one is a great cover for protection,You have two threaded caps ,cant look through the scope without removing them:cool2:

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i bought some yr's back flip open style . they are made by Butler Creek , can't remember what i paid for'em but there not all that exspencive .

4. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Ive got one butler creek flip open and seems nice but only have one, cant find one to fit the eye objective yet. Im a cheap o so Im trying to find them on clearance at wally world but may buy the other at full price. May give the bikini style a try on my muzzleloader.

Hey richard can you explain the military style cover? Is it bette bungee material?

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I've got a couple of the bikini style covers...one lives in my pack, "just in case", but I manage to get along fine without a scope cover 99% of the time. To me, they're just one more thing that can go wrong.

6. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Got the bikini scope for the muzzleloader, I think Ill like it just want it to protect the lenses. It wouldnt fit my 30/06 scope, no where near enough strecth. Ive got half the set of the flip top for my 06. May have to go to BPS and pay full price for the other half.:angry:

7. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    The latest scope cover I bought and really like is the neoprene scopecoat I purchased at Cabelas, Leupold has one called the scopesmith.
    I have bikini's, flip up's and bungee strap type here on various guns but the neoprene cover is the best.

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i use the flip up kind i think it works better then the others.I also have the bikini kind,it helps keep your scop protected but i dont care for them that much myself.

9. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I have used the Butler Creek flip type for many years on quite a few guns and
    have hunted through rain, snow, dust storms, heat and cold and they have never failed me. Easy to use and give great protection.

10. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    Are you looking for something that will protect just the lenses or the entire scope? And are you looking for that protection at all times? Or just during storage?

11. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    For now storage, especially with the smoke pole, so bikini should be fine for that. Small season here in KY for it. I think Id like protection in the field for my 30/06 since I hunt and practice with it more than my MZ.