scioto river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tacraft61, Mar 14, 2008.

1. tacraft61

tacraft61 New Member

State:
    Powell, Ohio, U
    it's been awhile since i've wet a line so has anyone done any early spring fishing on the scioto

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    hey good luck please lets us know what you get welcome to the boc rick

3. JKeeney20

JKeeney20 New Member

State:
    Lucasville, Ohio
    I don't know about your location, but down here in southern ohio the river is over the banks. Not much fishing going on, unless your fishing the field bottoms. Not to discourage about the time of year, because last year at this time I caught 20-30 channel cats a day for about 2 weeks. Everything was small, under 5lbs, but was a blast! Caught them in a log jam next to a wintering hole. Soon as the river gets back down, I'll be out there....Good luck though, you never know about this river. :)

4. tacraft61

tacraft61 New Member

State:
    Powell, Ohio, U
    thanks to jkeeney and kat killer for the heads upi live north of circleville and the water is still up there so GOD help me i need to catch something..:smile2:.. and one more thing we've all seen the advertisement for the miracle catfish attractant for the dr. eggers something or another ..has anyone used it.we used to use this mix in fla. it was anise powder with ground krill and other assorted fish and herbal products. it was fantastic for bringing up pin fish and big killies or shiners i really have not seen anything here though