Scioto River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, Aug 5, 2007.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hows everyone doing on the Scioto? I had horrible luck this spring but it has really picked up as of late with a 42 and 24-ber on cut bait.

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Glad to see you on the board Jack. Congrats on the nice fish.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish buddy, congrats on the catches. I have got nothing out of the Scioto this year.

4. Capt_Culver

Capt_Culver New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What kind of baits are you using...?

5. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio

he said cut bait.....not sure what baitfish but probably shad and gills cut in half or so like I was telling you about on the boat....we need to scioto it soon....check out the thread in local talk going to discuss the friday trip lol

ben

6. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    jack where the heck have you been?!

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Corey,

The catfish mafia has been away doing time, but we kept our eyes on you. Forget about it. :wink: Yes.... the catfish mafia crew is back.

8. OHriverRat

OHriverRat New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Got a 22 and a 25. 2 weeks ago its starting to pick up. Be down there this weekend for sure.:wink:

9. MidOhioCat

MidOhioCat New Member

State:
    Columbus, OH
    I only fished the Scioto a couple times this spring, but like you did not have much luck. The water was always way low. But now that you say things are picking up, I will be out there more.

10. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I have'nt given the Scioto a try this year. I've been concentrating my efforts on the Muskingum.

11. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We have done well as far as numbers go however; we can't seem to catch any over 25 pounds. By this time of the year we already have 4 or 5 over 30 and at least 1 40 to 50 pounds. We have fished the Scioto from 270 to a few miles below Circleville. We are headed below Chillicothe this weekend.

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Long live the catfish mafia.....and if you ever tell someone where one of our spots is, you better sleep with one eye open, if ya know what i mean :wink:

Salmonid

13. CATFISH1998

CATFISH1998 New Member

State:
    Westerville,Ohio
    I hit the scioto south of down down a few nights ago. Had one big turtle an one small channel.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like something that I overhear over at the Vlasic parks :wink:

15. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Jack,Bryan is that you?Welcome back fellows,When's our next big trip.

16. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    what part of the scioto?

17. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio

Brother mind if i ask where at are you fishing i live in Chillicothe and know of a few places on the Scioto where some big ones have been taken out. This year had a turtle lol. Thats about the luck I'm having

18. Catstalker07

Catstalker07 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We have fished above and below the Circleville ramp and most of the holes from 270 to below the 762 bridge. They are not too hard to find below 270 however; the water is low and you have to get out of the boat a lot. The Circleville area is new to us we are just looking for deep holes with brush. We have been out about 12 times and only had two nights that we did not catch fish. Once was during the spawn. Our best night was twice we caught 8 and the bad nights we have been catching 2-3.

Someone asked me about bait. We have used bluegills 80% of the time. We also use warmouths, chubs, suckers and bullheads. Like I said we still have yet to catch a fish over thirty pounds and we have not caught a fish on bullheads yet.

Good luck