Scioto River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by ec43146, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was wondering if anyone could point me to some decent spots in Circleville to fish from the bank. A friend said to fish below the old dam, anyone ever try it there. Thanks

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    scioto is a good fishery Ed, but you have to fish more then 2 hours :wink::smile2:

3. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lots of snags there..... it can produce big fish at times. There are a few other spots just down river from there too. But like any other decent bank spots the ones that are easy to get to are fished to death. Good luck.

4. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I can fish for two hours I go, I also do all nighters when I can . :confused2:

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ed, unless you are willing to walk along way, sometimes miles, good bank spots on the scioto are fished to death, believe me I know.

A worn down path, leads to a fished out hole.

6. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think what I am actually looking for is a place to park. I don't mind the walking, just take only what I need. Going out today, going to shoot for more then two hours:wink:

7. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I gota tell ya, that river is a good place to put a canoe in and do a lil float trip, a canoe isa a hell of a scouting tool lol, but I will give you one spot to consider, try fishing this top secret spot,:crazy: its south of chill town on the scioto its where salt creek goes into the mighty scioto :wink:good luck and dont tell ne body, by the way its a great multi specie spot as well :cool2:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Ed come toward logan sometime an do a little fishing with us. It's only a few extra miles from circle town.

9. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Will do, a good friend of mine is from there. I'll bring my boat

10. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio

LMAO :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ed,

I think you told me your boat is 15 foot flat bottom, right? If so have you thought about putting in at the Circleville ramp? If nothing else you could scout the area out and find a decent bank spot. A few years back I called and got verbal permission from a farmer to fish the exact spot where the Big Darby (think it was the BD) and Scioto come together. Flathunter and I were suspose to give it a shot, but never did.

12. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes it is a 15 foot but v hull. I just got the 15 horse motor fixed so that is a god idea. Come on down and we'll give it a shot.:wink:

13. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Got my motor fixed, the little lever that puts it in neutral came loose. Tried firing it up and it starts on the first crank, ready to hit the Scioto, starting in Circleville. I appreciate all of the advice I got, thanks.:wink:

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ed,

The only two public ramps I know of personally are the one in Circleville and the one in Chillicothe. I have seen other folks in the Chillicothe area have what seem to be home made ramps in the backyards or on their property. If you don't mind getting out and asking for permission, that might be worth a shot.

I know that you get to the Scioto River via the Portsmuth area of the Ohio River as well.

Hope this helps.

15. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys be carefull just south of circleville ramp there is a low head dam. it can be crossed BUT if you have never seen it crossed before i would go north. also just north of the ramp if the water is low you may be draggin but after you get past that you can go for a minute. there are alot of decent places up and down that stretch. also you can get the combination to the gate at the canal park and put in there it would be south of the lowhead dam. you get in this area let me know.

16. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i dont think he will say any thing:wink:

17. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    dude that is a heck of a spot and I dont fish it ne more anyway..have at it:wink: good place for a rookie to get started:smile2:

18. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I scouted some by the canal park, there were several spots that looked promising. I am going to go back when I have some more time to spend.