Scioto River Yesterday Evening

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Chillicothebuckeye, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Chillicothebuckeye

Chillicothebuckeye New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I caught a couple decent fish yesterday near Chillicothe on the Scioto. I was fishing between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. and caught a 7lb channel and a 8lb flathead. I caught the channel on a 5 inch bass and the flathead on a 4 inch rockbass. Seems like the fish were fairly active for me. Those are my first two bigger cats this year, I am trying my luck this year at catfishing. I have been learning a lot of here and hope to catch some bigger fish soon. Thanks for all the great stuff on the forums.

2. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Welcome to the site Brian and congrats on the fish.

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats Brian on the cats. That was a good evening, 2 good fish in 2 hours. I will take that any day. BTW, you are fishing some good waters there near Chillicothe, I have caught a few large cats in that area.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome Brian to the BOC. Want to send congrats on the nice catch. If I were to have caught those fish in that early time I don't think I could have left all to soon for sure.

5. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats on the fish!

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish

better watch fishin with those 5 in bass,kinda under the legal limit aren't they?

7. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A 5" bass on that part of the scioto is legal. There is no length limit only possession limit of 5.
    Welcome to the BOC Brian.

8. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Where are you fishin at in Chillicothe? I live in Chillicothe too. The last...month, or so the fish have been pretty active. I hooked into what I'm sure was a flathead using bluegill earlier this month, it was probably around 30lbs, maybe a little more. I was using 50lb braid and it was pulling drag as soon as I set the hook. But it came off... Last couple times I've went they've been hitting my baits real hard then dropping them.

9. Chillicothebuckeye

Chillicothebuckeye New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for all the nice words. I was actually fishing a red eyed bass caught from the creek in Kinnikinik. I seem to have better luck catching fish near the creeks that dump into the river and it is a fun way to kill some time before the evening. I was fishing between the 207 bypass and Orr road. It is a tough place to get into. I would love to have a boat to get into some of those large holes where the large trees are. I would think there are some lunkers laying in there. Good luck guys, I hope to see some action this weekend. I hope you get that monster you lost.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think Rockbass are classified as a panfish and don't have a minimum size limit. (At least not that I know of.)