Scioto River Today

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cats gone wild, Apr 6, 2008.

1. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Got to the Scioto this morning around 10:30 in Circleville. The river was high and fast! I pondered for around 15 mins before deciding to give it a try. I went about three miles up river to the spot I wanted to try, was going to anchor in the slack water along the bank and fish the current seam. The current was so strong that I had a hard time anchoring and properly placing baits. I decided to pack it in about an hour later. The temp by the way was 50 degrees. So I took the boat home and headed to Buckeye to bs with Ramrod, Jason454, his buddy( who's name I forgot, sorry) It's going to be awhile for the rivers stabilize.:angry:

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Well at least ya tried. Sure beats sitting around the house wishing you was out there. Nice to talk to ya for awhile this afternoon.

3. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It was great getting to see you again and bs. Hope to wet a line with ya out on the water soon.:big_smile:

P.S. Gonna invest in one of those 4-D depthfinders!:wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am originally from the chillicothe area and everyone is telling me that the river will not be "stable" for weeks! I hope it settles down fast. The cats will be heading to the beds before it goes down with all of that rain!

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    at least you tryed

6. JKeeney20

JKeeney20 New Member

State:
    Lucasville, Ohio
    Fish small feeder creeks coming into the Scioto while its up right now! I took my jon boat out a few days ago and hit a few small feeder creeks. Fished right around where the slack water hit the main river current and ended up catching 8 channel cats. Nothing with any size, 2-6 lbers, but alot of fun! Be careful in that water though, man is it scary in some places.