Scioto river report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, Mar 10, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well all I can say is the dink channel cats are hitting big time..I must have caught 20 in 2hrs, I got fed up with messing with them and left.

Attached Files:

2. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Sorry to hear the big one wasn't waiting for you. Sure sounds like they kept ya busy though.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah they were small, but i woulda had fun catching them. use something a little smaller than those abu 7000's-7'6 broomsticks and you will too:D :D

4. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    hey dink me and my uncle were up at rocky fork last year and we caught about 30 little yellow bellies in the back of the lake and i had one NICE run almost snapped his 7' ugly stick..... i think it was either a 30-40+ carp or a NICE kitty!!!!!!! MEOW~

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I should be there right now. :sad:

BUT..... On a good note, the Bait Tank should be fisnihed in about 16 hours. Plus after my wife realized what I was wanting she wants to get one of those 270 gallon yard pond kits, so it may just be Goldfish Nation @ the Mellons.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What kind of friend invites you down to go fishing then right before you leave for the 1.5 hour journey calls and says he wants to go alone? :confused: Yes this is what I thought. Here is the email Flathunter sent me right before I left:

Bryan, I like fishing with you, don't get me wrong, but over the last couple of years, I can not keep up with you. Please let me go fishing alone tonight so I have a better chance of catching some fish. I am affraid that if you come you will catch all the fish. Please don't be mad. There is plenty of time left for you to kick my butt later.

7. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    LMAO nothing wrong with that i have a fish tank in my room with my cat in it i seigned last summer...his name is steve the shovel lol

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Liar!!! I would not do that when just the channels are hitting!..Now if it was flathead time I may consider it...Naw, I need someone to take pics!

9. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    hey flat where exactly are you from in south central ohio close to me? adams county? west union

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    "Jacks not here right now, he's in the shower"-

it should be more like:

Jack doesnt want to talk to you becasue he's too busy posting on the BOC!! :grin-big: Get ready to answer your phone.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live in ross county, chillicothe.

12. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    well flat that isnt too far from here....are you going to that salt fork lake get together?

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No I wont be there, that is prime flathead time on the river and I will be fishing here.

14. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Does that mean your sending Mellon to that get together Jack?:confused: ...LOL...oh thats right...ya need Mellon to take pics.:p

15. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Hey flat what are the odds that i could tag along with ya man just to get out and get a little fishing time in....?

16. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Jack, I been meaning to talk to you about that. You need to come out there with us. I'm surprised you ain't got cancer catching all them radioactive flatties in the south of Columbus Scioto. You need to come to the clean waters of the Muskingum. Seriously, there will be some guys there that can put you on some big Flattes in the lake, even though "you" don't have much luck lake fishing. Besides, I may be giving away a car ;)

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Shawn, you give me a car and I will be there!;) ..Just kidding!

18. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Flat, do you think i would be able to tag a long, i know of a few places close to me on the river where some 60+ lber have been caught, cody carter told me that there is an 80+ ft hole on the river down off 52
    i think i maybe able to find this hole.

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Matt, I sent you a PM.

20. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    I got it Jack and i sent u one as well. lol :)