Scioto river last night

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by gunslick, May 27, 2009.

1. gunslick

gunslick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It was my first time fisging the scioto this year and i managed to catch 6 cats, one channel was actually decent size. Yayyy

Attached Files:

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Dude, you arent planing on eating them are ya?

3. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Hey congrats on your fish. I got to fish the Scioto for the first time about 3 weeks ago and we did really well. A friend of mine lives in Chillicothe and fishes for big Flatties out of his kayak so finally went this year and did pretty good myself(easier than I thought) just wish I lived a little closer to it. Not sure where you live but I also took my boat up river from Chillicothe and found some 20 foot plus deep holes in there. Anyway Congrats on the fish again:big_smile:

4. gunslick

gunslick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im eating the two bigger ones tonight and the next couple days and freezing the other fillets for later

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Make sure you soak them in gas for a couple days first, I prefer 93 octain, oh yeah and make sure you bye plenty of shit tickets you will need them :crazy::smile2:

6. gunslick

gunslick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont understand

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on some good fish. I really enjoy that river and some of my favorite fishing trips have been right there in Chillicothe

8. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Did you catch them north of Greenlawn dam? I wouldn't eat anything out of the Scioto personally though.

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man I would not eat anything out of that river, and I fish it alot...To much sewage and chemicals in that water,

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    im glad i dont eat fish just in case i ever fish there :smile2::smile2:

11. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish man.

yeah,thats one place that the fish are better off thrown back in man.if you are wanting some fish to eat,it would be more advisable to catch some out of the local lakes,i would say deer creek being the cleanest,to eat fish out of.one meal of cats out of the scioto and you might make a nice glow stick for a while......

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
  13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Roger has been eating a steady diet of fish from the scioto for the last 20 years.

he forgets his name at times, and shakes alot, glows a little, other than that no problems.

14. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    COULD YOU PLEASE START TYPING IN CAPS.... MY EYESIGHT IS FAILING TOO.

15. gunslick

gunslick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh ok thanks Im new to the area i guess ill start throwin em back

16. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    A friend of mines wife told me when she singed up for W.I.C. they asked if she ate fish from the scioto river, she said no. They then told her to never eat fish out of there. So even the government says not to. Thats when you know it's bad. I was also told not to when I moved here