Scioto river in Ohio?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatman, Mar 25, 2006.

1. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    could any of you tell me any good spots around south blommfield or circleville that will produce some good catfish and what bait works the best becuase i will be fishing the bank

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know of a few areas, do you catch and release?

3. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ya i wouldnt wont to eat anything out of that river

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    They do have the new boat ramp A Circleville now.....

5. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    yes its done ive been bye it to see it but it looks like it is only dirt so it might be muddy at the ramp i wont to go on my boat but i dont got an motor for it other than a trolling motor y u thinking of going fishing there

6. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish the river quite abit from chillecothe to 762 there are some good spots but mostly accessable by boat there is the island rd bridge that has a good spot close by

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Chris nice to see ya posting.

Irwin, are you the same kid that I helped coach in wrestling?? Just curious.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hopefully you'll find some decent spots. Seems like lots of the spots there in that area are overfished, at least the ones that are fishable on foot. Good luck this year.

9. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Matt I hade a lot of trouble with passwords hear lately or i would have been hear sooner i was out on the river yesterday and the temp. was 48 degrees so im guessing maybe another week it should be above 50 im ready to rock n roll

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Chris we need to hit it again this year. Had a good time last year fishing with ya. Weather seems like it will be warming up next week.

11. MidOhioCat

MidOhioCat New Member

State:
    Columbus, OH
    Guys I'm ready to hit the Scioto again this year. Haven't been on here much in a while, but the weather has got me itchin to go.

12. carpfisherman11

carpfisherman11 New Member

State:
    ohio
    shad works really good there but i didnt have much luck thursday
    but i got bored and caught about 35 bluegill, crappie and rock bass to use at buckeye lake

13. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    ya matt im the one wrestler that u probly help out a little hey sometime me u and andy need to go out to the river or deer creek

14. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds good, just say when and we will hook up.

15. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    alright sounds good to me because i wont to get out of fishing the ponds and the little walnut creek here in town and hurgus.

16. Gob

Gob New Member

State:
    Galloway, Ohio
    Good spot is right there in bloomfeild. It's right off of 316 there on the south side of the bridge. I have caught a ton of nice cats out of there ranging from 5-25lbs.

Bait used was either 8-12in chubs or good sized bluegills. The bad thing bout the chubs is, if they sit to long the turtles take em away.

17. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Another good spot is behind the pickaway county airport where the scippo dumps in but you need a jet boat to get there because you have to go over some shallow riffles

18. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    so the turtles will get to the chubs if they sit to longturtles get to them so problay use bluegills. and is this spot right below that brige because i go 4 wheeling there and i been wonting to know about that spot for a long time so it sound like a good spot to me is

19. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    i dont got an jet boat but thanks anyways hoopie but its problay a good spot thoe right

20. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Guest

Good to read about folks fishing in my old stompin' grounds. I'm originally from Chillicothe, and it brings back fond memories of my childhood to read about the old places. Haven't been back to south eastern Ohio since getting out of the Air Force in '92. My folks are from the Vinton county area and we used to fish the creeks down there a lot. Thanks for the fond rememberences guys.