Scioto River fisherman did you know your river has a song?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by kitsinni, Jan 25, 2010.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    When I'm not out chasing cats I'm a bluegrass guitar picker on the side. I was learning a song "Big Sciota" that got me thinking about catfishing and I thought some folks might find it interesting it was named after Scioto River. There are a lot of old bluegrass songs about rivers, I figured maybe someone would enjoy hearing a song named after a river they fish! You will find this one called Big Sciota, Big Scioty, or Big Scioto depending on who does it.

WARNING: BANJO CONTENT
    ENTER WITH CAUTION

[video=youtube;2Sc6vu6flAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sc6vu6flAc[/video]

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks I really enjoy the sound of some good Bluegrass!

3. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wooo thats some might fine a pickin and strummin :laugh1:

4. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Now i gotta song to play on my way to the scioto.i like a lot of different music and bluegrass is one of them.my grandpa played old clawhammer style banjo.hed get liquored up and beat the strings off his vega earl scruggs model banjo.Lots of great memories when i stayed with him as a kid.And when i grew up in whitehall i lived next door to dave evans and hes pretty popular in bluegrass.his dad bill used to take me rides is his restored model a fords.i liked them rumble seats.I used to tell him they were old junk.Id like to have a couple of them junksters now.http://www.myspace.com/daveevansbluegrass .has a few of his songs hes a great musician and singer

5. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I liked the song. Is there any lyrics to the song?