Scioto river boat ramp in Circleville

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Hoopie, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just wanted to let everyone know there are now two sets of solar powered lights there. They just recently put those there. One set is down by the ramp ,the other is by the parking area. The river was up a little yesterday but it looked good other than being cold.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Been catching anything down that way lately?

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the good information. Exactly how do you get to the boat ramp in circleville? I visit the chillicothe area quite often, but the ramp/river down that way is pretty shallow and used up!

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think the boat ramp in circleville is close to rt 22.

5. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    The ramp is off of 22. You can see the parking lot from the road. Not much of a ramp, sand and gravel. If the river has been up or it has rained, be careful, the ground can get alittle soft and you can get stuck.

6. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    Thanks for that bad ramp information, sounds like a lesson derived from experience.

7. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The ramp is at rt 22 and rt23. Its usually not bad but if you do get stuck I'm sure one of the locals will help you out,plus a 4x4 will also work in your favor.If you fish alot down this way there is also another ramp about two miles from there that the pickaway county historical society owns that they charge $25/year to use. Fishing report for down this way is the water is too cold for me.lol

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Yeah, I got stuck once. Went into the water a little too far and could'nt get any traction to get out. The more I tried the deeper my tires sank into the sand. Ended up calling AAA and they sent a truck to pull me out. I will say I have launched there many times before with no trouble. You just have to be careful.

9. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Phil if ya want my number shoot me a pm if you get stuck again call me. I'm only a couple minutes away I'll pull ya out for free.:wink:I don't launch there often I use the other one down river by the dam.Much better fishing down that way.