Scioto River and the storm last night! FUN

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by JKeeney20, Jul 22, 2008.

1. JKeeney20

JKeeney20 New Member

State:
    Lucasville, Ohio
    Headed out for an all nighter, weatherman says 30% chance of rain...no biggie....maybe a scattered thunderstorm. We (2 of us) took the boat down river about 2 miles to a decent bar with deep water close, around 8pm we started to fish. Right off the bat I get a decent 10lb flattie. Than about 30 min later another 6 lber. Nothing untill about 3am when a Huge storm hit and I'm in the middle of no where with trees falling all around me...was a bit scary at first, but I got use to it. The hard rain lasted from 3am-7am when I finally went home. Oh by the way, not another fish after the first two. Fishing was real s-l-o-o-o-o-w after the first hour. Suprised me with the rain and such, thought they would turn on a little more. Oh well! :)

2. Sircatfish

Sircatfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just moved down from Michigan and live near Wheelersburg. Is there anywhere near you to put in a jon boat on a small trailer to fish the river. I see none on the maps or DNR information? Also have you found it best to fish the river when it is rising or lowering?

3. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    congrats on the two you did catch i have had simular ordeals like that..:smile2:

4. hawk

hawk New Member

State:
    kenton ohio
    sounds like a good time congrats on the 2 flaties. How far south on the Scioto are you fishing I'm about 20 miles from where it starts and there are so decent fish up this way but there are so many dawned trees and its shallow in a lot of spots but there are also so pretty decent holes uphere .