Scioto river 7/13/09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Tuckertroop, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Tuckertroop

Tuckertroop New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Had a few good runs but didnt hook up. Ended up getting two. one around 5# and the other was in the 20# range. heres some pics of the bigger one. Got the 5# on a live blugill and the 20# on a live bass. Did have one other hook up on a bass but he shook me after a few seconds, felt decent but who knows. Weird thing was neither fish had any spawning marks that I noticed. Maybe they are late bloomers.

Attached Files:

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    way to go, do you have scales? looks like about a 15 at most from here, ne way good luck next time :wink:

3. Tuckertroop

Tuckertroop New Member

State:
    Ohio
    no scales forgot them but your probably right. closer to 15 than 20. one in the avatar was weighed at 20.2

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nice catch an thanks for the pics

5. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    John, nice catch. I hope you had the kids with you. I haven't fished the Scioto this year. But I have been noticing the cats I have been catching on the Ohio that only about half will have spawn marks. I think the spawn is over down this way.

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the great trip and fish man! rollo

7. Tuckertroop

Tuckertroop New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks. Lots af action action but only landed two. Always nice when your catching some though.

8. Tuckertroop

Tuckertroop New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh yeah had my 10 yr old daughter and 13 yr old boy with me this trip. There is no better fishing partner than the little ones. My seven year old got his first flat earlier this year it was a 6#. should have seen the look on his face. Her is a pic of my 13 yr old and his biggest so far. And he thinks this is a monster. cant wait till he hits one over 30.

Attached Files:

9. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    he should be proud some people never get one even that big congrats to him on a fine flattie

10. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    i don't care how big, anything caught on a bass is invaluable.

11. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches and thanks for the pics!

12. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats!!! would love to see the little one get a 30+ lber.!!!

13. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish

14. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Nice catches John. Glad to see it might be heating up some. Been a rough summer so far on the river.

15. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Since this thread is about the Scioto, I thought it a good place to question anyone that might know.

Are there flatheads in Griggs or the Home Rd area? I have heard stories about them being there, but I have yet to catch one. I have been going to Home Rd. quite a lot in the last 3 years.

I did catch a 30# snapper there about a week ago. :)

16. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I've fished Griggs & O'Shaughnessy for over 20 years and have caught hundreds of Channel Cats and not a single flathead. Having said that, i've seen pics of a handful of Flatheads caught there. But mostly below the dams in the tailwaters.

17. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    That is pretty much the theory I was thinking. Guess I probably shouldn't spend too much time with expectations of getting a flatty, anymore. :)

Channels are the only ones I have been getting as well. Just tied my PB the same day I caught that snapper, with a 10lber. It was UGLY though. It had red bumps all over it. Fought well though.