Scioto River 07/08/06

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by HRCats, Jul 9, 2006.

1. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It was one of those days when you start thinking maybe i should've went somewhere else. lol My wife and i got to Chillicothe around 4 pm. We made it to the place we were going to fish and there was 1 car there already but being such a big area we decided to stay. On the first trip down i talked to the guy that was there and found out it was someone i had met there last year. Was getting ready to make my second trip to the truck for the rest of our stuff and i stopped and asked him if he was having any luck. He had one channel about 3 or 4 lbs. Then i asked him if the turtles were bad and he told me none yet. On my way back from the truck he hollered at me and told me he just caught his first turtle. There was a thank you involved for me mentioning turtles. We got set up and was fishing by 5. Baitinvolved consisted of shad, chubs, gills and nightcrawlers. The nightcrawlers were there because when you can't get a bite on anything else there is always something out there that'll hit a nightcrawler. Caught our first fish at 8. A 3lb sheephead. Very few bites after that until 6 this morning when i caught a 3 lb channel on a gill. Then right after that the wife caught a 6" sheephead on a crawler. That was the whole fishing trip. Best thing i can say about it was that it was a beautiful night on the river just wish the fish woulda been biting better.

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And i forgot to add 0 turtles! Thats right 0 turtles.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We were just up from you & the turtles were UNSTOPABLE. It was horrible.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Well, Roger, sometimes you have great trips and sometimes sucky ones :crazy: Like the old sayin goes: "You pays your money and you takes your chances". :eek:oooh:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    At least you got one kitty last night. I am glad that you got out, that is the best thing. Better luck next time and at least you did not have to fight off any turtles. hehehe

6. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    only reason u didnt get any turtles is cause bryan was up from u catching them all lol