scioto question

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by ohiocattin15, Aug 3, 2009.

1. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live close to kenton ohio and the scioto runs through some property that my family owns and ive never fished it. ive seen the amish pull channels out of there and i was just wondering if you guys think flats will swim that far upstream. just to give you an idea its about 60 miles northwest of columbus and the section of the river that runs thorough our woods is LOADED with log jams and sandbars.

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    if they are there thats the place they would be rick

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Most certainly in there brittan. Go out there an get the lines wet an wish you the best of luck.

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i think i would be throwing everything out there by the jams to try and get ahold of one,lol

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    stupid double post.....:angry:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  6. Tuckertroop

Tuckertroop New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have caught many well north of columbus so dont be fooled by everyone telling you to keep heading south. Juust keep that a secret.

7. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    will do thanks guys. i plan on fishing it some day but i dont really know how to fish a river. what conditions should i look for to know what day to fish?

8. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The best catfishing in the scioto is greenlawn dam and north. The farther north the better!:wink::smile2:

9. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats the best advice i've seen on here!!!!

10. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    almost no one in my area targets flats on the scioto maybe ill get a chance t get a big one

11. fredrick

fredrick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any day you can go is a good time. Look for deep water close to snages in the day time and sallow water close to the same holes at night. Try live bluegills and suckers as bait the bigger the better. [ within reason] BEST OF LUCK.

12. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Find a deep hole with a big nasty snag in it. I fish at sunset until about 1 or 2. I usually put one bait in the hole (or as close as possible), and another bait on a shallow flat, or shallower water close to the hole. My favorite bait is live bluegill. Goldfish, and Israeli Carp, are good too. Hope this helps.