sciota river

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by slimdaddy, Oct 21, 2008.

1. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    sciota river guys you ever fish around the 207 bridge looks good down thru there theres alot of wood in it i cross the river there all the time it just looks like it may be a decent spot

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished downriver about 1/2 mile from it. Caught some channels but nothing big.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    There is good fish all thru that area! Good luck fishing.

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    never been there...207...but i have fished around other bridges, and i found most of them hold fish 1 way or another, some of the bridge pillars have good structure in front and a hole behind, when im cattin i alwas stop to check them out,

5. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    THE 207 BRIDGE WAS A REAL HOTSPOT LAST YEAR TILL THEY CLOSED OFF THE ROAD DOWN TO THE RIVERS EDGE. SEEMED LIKE EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER, COUSIN ,AUNT ,UNCLE ,AND NEPHEW WERE FISHING IT EVERY NIGHT. WHEN THEY CLOSED THE ROAD AND MADE IT SO YOU HAD TO WALK TWELVE FEET TO GET TO THE RIVER IT SLOWED DOWN QUITE A BIT. NEVER HOOKED ANY HUGE ONES DOWN THERE BUT WE CAUGHT SEVERAL IN THE 5 TO 15 POUND RANGE OFF THE ROCKS THEY PUT IN RIGHT UNDER THE BRIDGE. OF COURSE I WAS USING LIVE GILLS AND THE REALLY BIG ONES IN THE SCIOTO ARE ADDICTED TO CUT BAIT WHICH I DIDN'T YOU BEFORE I READ JACKS POSTS.

6. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Willie, not only are the monster Scioto Flatheads addicted to cut bait, but they are scared of the dark................................which means we have been doing everything wrong.

Who would have thought that using cut bait during daylight was the key to monster daytime flatheads!!!

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fished the 207 bridge a few time last year, got skunked every time...To many people fishing and not enough spots.

I strted feeding those scioto flats cut bait years ago, they have got used to it:smile2:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a confession, none of my flats have come from the scioto, they have all came from paint creek.

I just said that to throw the hilljacks off:smile2::smile2::wink:

9. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That explains why the Ohio HillJack has been fishing Paint Creek so much this year. Jack I think he has caught onto your deception!!:smile2: