Sci-Fi Geeks and Nerds Unite!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, Jun 18, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Who here loves Sci-Fi movies and books, I personally love STAR WARS, even the new trilogy! There is a live action TRANSFORMERS movie in the makes should be out next year! If you love sci-fi post here some of your favorites!

Aaron

TA2D

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Sci fi rocks!:0a27:
    Bill

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    one of my favorite authors is ray bradbury

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I loveThe Lord of the rings!

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    you got me................

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    When I told my kids that I saw Star Wars in the theater as a kid when it first came out, they looked at me like they couldnt believe I was still alive, as if it were so long ago:roll_eyes: . I also used to watch "Buck Rodgers" (dont know if anyone remembers that one).

7. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I like Sci-fi movies like Star Wars and Star Trek.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like almost all of them even the B-flicks because cheese isn't just for catfish. LOL.

9. Had to be you who started this one Aaron. For all of you who don't already know it there may still be a debate between Shane Sudman, Aaron Drier, and myself to find out who is the biggest nerd or geek between us. I think it may be myself because I am actually making my career in computers. Of course I watch such programs as all of the Star Treks and Battlestar Galactica on the Sci-Fi channel. To sum it all up if it has a science fiction theme to it I will watch it. There is no gray area in that quote either.

10. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    What about the X-files? Maybe not exactly sci-fi, but a good show full of aliens and stuff.

11. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    There was also another show back in the 70's, I can't remember the name of. It was about the Air Force and UFO investigations, it had to do with project bluebook.

also there was Kolcheck the Night Stalker.

12. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    ITS about as out there as I get that other stuf gives me nightmares

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE BOC NATIONAL GATHERING

13. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Sci-Fi, Fantasy, if it is nerdy or geeky and it floats your boat then post it here

Aaron

TA2D

14. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have been following the new Battlestar Gallactica series since it debuted on Sci-Fi channel 3 years ago, it blows the old one away. my all time fav's though are the old Star Trek and Twighlight Zone re-runs. i like sci-fi but it has to be somewhat beleivable and easy on the special effects. although the latest Star Wars movies were great i think they went overboard with the special effects.

15. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Normally i hate to correct someone on something like this, but "The Ship who Sang" was written by Anne McAffrey. Also referenced in her Crystal Singer series.

As far as Starship Troopers, I hated the movie. Probably because I read the book, and the books main thrust was left out of the movie (it was a satirical look at modern society, which still holds true today even though it was written many, many years ago).

I have lately ben reading C. J. Cherryh. Interesting theories on possible alien thought processes. My favorites for strict sci-fi would probably be Piers Anthony (Bio of a Space Tyrant), Harry Harrison (Stainless Steel Rat), Isaac Asimov (various robot short stories), Joe Haldeman (Forever War), and Anne McAffrey for everything she has written.

For fantasy and mythological... Movies really aren't my thing. I get much more out of a book. Favorite has to be Lord of the Rings series. Closely followed by the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. Also worth noting: Robert Jordan, David and Leigh Eddings, and too many other to write about while here at work.

16. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    love LOTR, and starwars, and just about anything else with swords, magic, and blasters in it:big_smile:

heres a peice of trivia for ya first person to answer it right ill give a rep point too

what is the first line in a new hope and who says it?

17. Norm

Norm New Member

State:
    Freeport, IL
    I read Star Trek books while fishing. These are 2 of my fav hobbies to do at the same time. (Also listen to the Cubs games on earphones--enjoyable the few times they don't get stomped on.)

18. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    hercules and xena....shock theatre....tales from the darkside...any book by Terry Brooks...the entire DRAGONLANCE book series

19. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Geeks are the coolest people I am so glad that I am part of the Geek Family with all of you guys

Aaron

TA2D

20. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

"Contact" with Jodie Foster is one of the best Sci Fi movies ever made along with "Phenomenom" with John Travolta. Both of them are real tear jerkers...

Another cult classic is "Mission to Mars" with Gary Sinese