SchyRush Lake - Rushville

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishinpals, Jul 13, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Anyone fishing SchyRush Lake south of Rushville? Use to fish is often and would catch some nice channels up to 10. HEARD THERE WAS SOME BIG FLATHEAD IN IT ALSO.

2. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    I have shore fished it in the past, caught alot of samller channels by the pontoon boats and the dock, not really sure how the lake is via boat. It would probably be worth checking out. We'll have to hook up sometime and do some fishing, I'm really interested in being put onto some fish at site m

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Another spot I could easily get to, but have never bothered with. I've never heard a good thing about it.

4. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    You might want to give it a try. I never heard any of good fishing at Junction Pond in Virginia either but most channels I've caught there is 8 lbs and over. I live just outside Virginia and have gone past the pond for years. Good fishing.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'll have to take you advice. You seem to know some good stuff about some of these spots that are local to me.

6. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    We can do that. will be busy this coming week but the week after will work for me.

7. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    ALL--

We are having a derby and fish fry tomorrow at Prairie Lake (lower pavilion) at 2 - 4:30PM Fish at 4:30. You and yours are all welcome. If you would like to come just PM me for any info. No charge and no fishing license needed for those 16 and over. we are exempt.

8. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    what about Scripps Park in Rushville, I know I have pulled some nice b*** outta there and some really nice gills and crappie, not sure if there are any cats in there or not, but there are some monster sized grass carp that are fun to just watch.

9. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    let me know some weekend you would like to "hook up' and I'll see what I can do. I work in Springfield during the day so it would probably have to be a weekend. I'll see if the wife would like to join us as well as long as it's not too hot.

10. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Sounds good to me. From what I hear next week is to be really hot. Will keep in touch and get together some weekend. Never have fished Scripps Park. Will have to give it a try sometime.

11. mongesf

mongesf New Member

State:
    Beardstown, Illinois
    hope you had a good turn out for the derby and fish fry. It was too dang hot for us to make it.

12. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Wasn't as hot as I thought it would be. We had good shade a a good breeze provide by a fan. Large pavilion with electric and water. Had 16 show up and most caught some fish. had some good size bluegill caught by the kids. Many were 8-81/2 inchers. Had fish on a stick along with alot of side items and desserts. All in all it was a good day Started at 2PM and finally left at 7PM. Was wore out when we got home.

13. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    jim,

If you get another derby planned before the end of the season maybe when it's a little cooler out (hehe :smile2: ) then I'd like to make it up there with my fiancee. Just keep us all informed. thanks.

-alan

14. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Sure will. We have 6 more events to do this year and might add a couple. there are some from S'field who come. Hopefully it will start to cool off soon. We do have an event Sept 9 at the Juction Pond in Virginia. There are some good channels there and have caught many in 10 pound range. One event we had there one fellow caught 66 pounds of channels and some kids caught fish up to 10 pounds. It's one of those places that when the fish are biting they are really biting but when they don't want to bite they have lock jaw.