Schuylkill River, Philadelphia

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Blacky, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    It must have rained up in North eastern PA because I woke up Sunday morning to the Schuylkill very high, raging, and like chocolate milk.

August has been a proven big fish month and with the fiance out of town, I finally had some time to put some major time on the river.

The creeks were flooded and luckily, my friend Chris and I have plenty of baits in our bait tanks to pull an all nighter. I added to the bait list with 2 nice 8 inch bullheads I was able to get off some wigglers I dug up.

I started the night fishing below a dam with 2 different friend and waited until Chris got off work at 10 PM. At 10PM, I ditched those 2 guys, met up with Chris at his apartment and headed to our spot and got our baits out by 10:30PM.

Nothing really happened until midnight when i hooked a 25lber and around 1AM when I landed my biggest of 2009 at 34 lbs and the biggest of the night.

We caught a series of fish which included about 8 in the 20lb range. Around 2AM when they started to feed!

Chris had the hot hand and landed a 32lber, 28lber, 27lber, and 25lber.

I ended my night with a lowly 25lber!:cool2:

We caught easily over 300lbs of flathead that night.

It was best big fish I have ever experienced flathead fishing.

Attached Files:

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    More big flatheads!

Attached Files:

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    What an excellent night of Flatheadin'! Did any of the bigger Flats come off one of the bullheads?

Thanks for the report and pictures.

4. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    Now thats what i am talking about, way to go Tan.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    We ran out of bait at 5AM so whe had to go home and left them biting.:cool2: I got into bed at 6:30AM, woke up at a whopping 4:00PM:crazy: and decided we were going to go back and give it another shot tonight. After eating something, I ventured out and went baitfishing in the 95+ degree heat until I have enough of the heat.:embarassed:

We got back to the same spot a little after 9PM find in that the river had receded about 3 feet.:angry: I got the hot hand tonight with hooking and landing 2 fish at little over 30lbs and a 25lber. The 25lber and 30lber were caught 5 minutes apart!:crazy:

Great 2 nights of fishing.

I may get back to this spot again tonight if I can get my hands on some bait.

Attached Files:

6. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
  7. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    There you go Tan. I knew you would get into some soon. Congrats on the killer night.

8. :eek:oooh:Outstanding Tan, great job!!:wink::roll_eyes::tounge_out:

:worship::worship:

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    congrats Tan. what an awesome bunch of fish. by the way do you need any more good mojo? :wink:

10. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Amazing:wink: What a great night Tan you slayed em:0a18: Thats one of the best reports i have heard in a while. Congrats.

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    :crazy: That's a lot of jumbo flatheads right there, congratulations :big_smile:.

12. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Congrats Tan great report...

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Tan! :cool2: That there is a awesome 2 nights on the water! :big_smile: Great pics other than the ugly Colt's hat! :wink:

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    That Colts hat is VERY LUCKY!:cool2: