Schuylkill River, Pennsylvania.. Fishing Reports 2009 - Part 2

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Bigfish4me, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    Well we didnt see too many pitches tossed our way last night but we did connect on every one we saw....i love it when that happens. I headed out to fill the bucket around 5:30 and met John down at the ramp around 7:30 armed with a full bucket of decent baits....about a dozen chubs and a dozen+ sunnies. I would like to tell you we used all the baits up.....but thats not the case.

We set up and fought the grass all night....still lots of junk coming down the river but we did manage 3 fish. First bite was on a stomper chub....gave him a 10 count on the runoff and crossed his eyes, decent channel cat. The second bite of the night was on a stomper too....but this one walloped it and snapped the line from the clothes pin and after a 10 count crossed the eyes of an average flathead around 14 lbs.....good job on untangling the lines and clearing the road John. The last bite was on a chub again and ended up being a spunky channel cat that thought he was bigger than he really was....but well take it. So three bites, the fish landed and another good time out on the water with john.....Thanks for getting me out again dude.

Attached Files:

2. Another good trip in the book bro.:roll_eyes:

What a mess on that second fish! Hahaha.:tounge_out: Tangled Power Pro:confused2:, gotta love it. I was trying to hold the fish end of the line to give ya slack to untanlge from the other rod and that sucker made a short run and almost cut me a new finger:eek:oooh:. I said "Snap that stuff" and got the ol' knifey out and your battle was able to ensue.

Good job holding that rod high while I was clearing the other lines and rear anchor. Then I believe that is the Flattie that I landed by hand because I forgot the net? Now talk about fun and a sore thumb! Haha.

After that 10 minutes of Shawn mahem:eek:oooh:, I got your pic, a high 5'er, and proceeded to untanlgle my legs and sandals from Power Pro from 3 cleared rods and anchor rope, complete with weeds and a smashed Chub-a lub in the carpet.

Bite was only on for about 1/2 hour or so, then somebody flicked the switch:embarassed:. Plus Shawn forgot the Fish Whistle.:angry::smile2::smile2:

3. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Continued from Schuylkill River, Pennsylvania.. Fishing Reports 2009

4. Wow Shawn, look at us! Hahaha.

Great job to all PA Catfishermen/ladies for keeping this Skuke thread in the top spot! Pat's on the back to everyone!!!!!!

5. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    Nice fish three up and three down...good deal.

6. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    my favorite thread on the whole board :smile2:

7. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    Nice fish. At this pont, I'd be glad to be able to go out and catch some sunnies. I'm going nuts just sitting around the house!

8. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Hang in there, Larry. It will get better soon.

9. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    I'm headed towards philly tonight for the first time.I have no idea where to go letalone park,but im going anyway.Anybody wanta throw me a bone?PLEASE,it would be greatly appreciated

10. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    You know us Skuke boys, we love to chat it up.:wink:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I fishing so check you PM!

12. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Don't worry Tan, I already told him how to get to your honey hole.:big_smile: I am just playing son.:smile2:

13. You can meet Tan and chase chickens together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!:smile2::smile2::tounge_out:

Tan / is the man // for a Philly plan.:wink:

(Oh, and bring some corn, Tan loves Carp dude.:wink:)

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    hahaaha thats pretty funny dude, i aint chasen no chickens

15. kenlaw76

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Yo mike, take a fresh pair of clothes cause Tan gets into alot of skunky territory.:smile2:

16. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    thats too funny :smile2:

17. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    Just got in from a night/morning out on the river. Managed 3 flats---10#, 12# and a 25#. All of them were tore up with spawning sores. The little 10# took my rock bass, the little bugger. Got the rest on sunnies. River seemed back to normal flow where I was at.

18. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I got out for a few hours last night got 3 channels 5-6#range and a baby flat prolly 1 pound:smile2:

19. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    It still seemed a little high where I was,I was just happy to beat that ole skunk:wink: Everything had a fat round belly on it like it was gonna pop:smile2: The channels must be loading up for their spawn coming up,Good luck to all going out tonight!

20. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    Hit up philly last night,i found my spot on goggleearth,some old fallin down docks,got there 15 minutes before the tide changed,my bro and i both lost are first fish in the rocks,the night ended 2-zip me biggest being 13# The lights,sirens,trains,jack hammers,people screaming,gun shots,looking over my shoulder FORGET IT