Schuylkill river Pa high water carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Bigfish4me, May 8, 2009.

1. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    Hello everyone, i am new to the site....got turned onto it by northport troller. I was on my way home from work yesterday and upon crossing the river.....i realised it was on, i had to get down there and give it a go. When the schuylkill river spills its banks the carp stack up like chord wood in some of the creeks.....if you hit it right, its unreal fishing. Fishing through the flooded timber that lines the edge of the creek can be tough, you are pretty much hooking carp in the 10-20lb range in close quarters,most times 10-15 feet from the bank....so braid is a must.I got down and chummed em up with corn, and it was on from the get go....I gave longport troller a call and let him know the bite was wide open....by the time he got down i had already landed 5 fish...with 2 of them coming on a solo double hook up...2 rods...2 angry carp trying like mad to get down to the open water. Longport managed 2 nice ones before the water started dropping out....which kills the bite, but he got a real good one at the end going 20.5 lbs on the hand held.

Attached Files:

2. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    some more pics of last night

Attached Files:

3. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    Longport with his fish

Attached Files:

4. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    Nice catch. I bet it was tough getting them through the trees.

5. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa

Definitly.....we use to use 20 lb mono and would land 1 out of every 3....they would get us in the wood and it would be game over....Then came braid....30 lb power pro and the only ones breaking us off are the ones that get down to the mouth of the creek...once they sniff that opening and make the turn theres no stopping em. I had 2 last night i couldnt stop....figuring were man handling fish up to 20 lbs.....gotta wonder how big these beasts i cant stop are.

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

WELCOME to the BOC Shawn.Nice pics,sounds like some good fishing.I got a spot like that around here on the ohio.People look at me like I,m crazy,sitting there fishing in a flooded parking lot.:crazy:

7. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    I love that look.......If they only knew:wink: Heres a few pics from tuesday night 05-05...i took my youngest daughter down, i knew the water wouldnt be high enough to get a wide open bite.....but figured i could get a few bids, when the water drops out of the creek a few carp can still be had at the mouth of the creek...but the catfish move in thick.....so with nowhere to come up with worms short notice...i tossed some left over pieces of ham in a ziplock bag figuring the cats would keep her from being bored. We got one carp, 2 catfish and she missed about a dozen catfish bites...heres the pics.

Attached Files:

8. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I wish I had a flooded parkng lot to fish. I think it would make things interesting. I have had luck ruring floods finding quick moving water that flows past a slower moving stream. Like where one stream enters a larger one, you fish the small one during the flood and the fish stack in there to avoid the rushing water and to feed as things wash by.

9. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Tell your daughter CONGRATULATIONS on her catfish!:big_smile::tounge_out::big_smile:

10. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    *****!!!!!WELCOME!!!!!*****

TO THE BOC SHAWN

AWSOME FISH YOU CAUGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

HOPE TO GET ADVICE FROM YA !!!!!!!!!!!:smile2:

HOPE YA GET ADVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

HOPE YA LIKE THE BOC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2:

AND TELL THE LITTLE ONE CONGRAT(S) ON THE CAT(S):roll_eyes:

LeRoy