Schuylkill fishing

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by delawareriver, May 12, 2008.

1. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i wanna try for my first flattie soon. i was looking for information where, how, with what, etc. and if anyone would like to fish with me. im tomorrow, thursday, friday and saturday.this week works best cause then i start 14 straight weeks of 45 hour work weeks with no time off :angry: but its good money for a young kid like me, :cool2: i could bring some bait, i got an unlimited supply of creek chubs, but i can also try to get some bullheads, eels, gills and rock bass. any information will help

2. nicdicarlo

nicdicarlo New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvani
    Delaware, I won't be around much this week, so I can't join you. Any given night there are people out there though. Myself, and others I know, fish mostly in and around Philly. Just look for structure and places that look like they might hold wood or other debris. If you aren't getting snagged, you aren't fishing the right water. Those baits you mentioned should probably do the trick, just keep em lively. Good luck.

3. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    thanks. any hints on which dam to target??? and what kind of rigs do you guys use? im guess the normal fish finder rig, but what size hook and weight?