Schrade/Old Timer

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by Katmandeux, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Closed their doors.:sad2:

Some outfit called Taylor bought the line, and is now importing them from China.

Any of y'all have any experience with the "new" Schrades?

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I dont have any of the new Schrades but I got one of the last Old Timers and Uncle Henry's before they sold out. It came with a certificate and all that good stuff, still in factory packaging.

3. 1 cattin dude

1 cattin dude New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I've heard they use cheap stainless steel in their blades now. I've also checked with BPS and they don't sell any knives with the good carbon blades that the original Old Timers had. I am in need of a new knife and I am at a loss on what to get, myself.:angry:

4. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    The last Smokey Mountain Knife Works Catalogue I got, they still had some left....better hurry.
    :big_smile:

5. Stormin_Mormin

Stormin_Mormin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah, whenever I am looking for an older knife, or one on sale, I look at Smoky Mountain Knife Works wholesale, you can order their catalog for free at www.eknifeworks.com. They have tons and tons, and if you don't even see it in their catalog, you can go to their website and search for it, most likely, they will have what you are looking for.

6. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    The two great things about them,the quality,and everything involved with makeing a Schrade was American.The steel came from america,right down to the sheath was made here.Thats all I've ever owned in pocket/buck knives.I got one of the X timers when they came out .Its a beutiful stainless steel groved folding pocket knife.I use it all the time.I'll not by these imported knock-offs.The quality,just isn't there anymore.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I have a real old one that I found in my great grandpa's room after he died. I wonder if they're worth anything? Don't matter anyway cause I ain't gonna sell it. I just seen a few newer ones at the local sporting goods store but it may be a year old so I doubt it's the latest model.
    Good to know though, Thanx!

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I used to only buy schrade till I discivered WR CASE &SONS they make a fine knife and they are highly collectable

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Made all sorts of great knives. I bought a Chef's knife on Ebay and since added a carving knife, paring knife, and meat cleaver. All mine are non stainless which I prefer. I hit them a few licks on a diamond sharpening steel and they stay like razors.