schools of shad in lake wylie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by the bass assassian, Jun 24, 2009.

1. the bass assassian

the bass assassian New Member

State:
    sc
    hello brothers and sisters let me frist say how happy i am to be back on here my oringnal profile was Daredevle but i had changed my email address and lost all my old info so i had to start a new profile its great to be back. any way i was fiahing to day around some coves near the lake wylie dam by elks park and saw what i thought was schools of sah but the ripples on the surface looked diffrent than the ones ive seen on lake wateree and unlike wateree they never come near the shore or at least close enough to net them are these schools im seeing shad or other schools of fish? im preety sure there shad but i figured i would check with you guys thanks for any info.
    tight lines!
    TBA:wink:

2. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I've saw these schools of fish concentrated heavily around Copperhead Island , in the large cove.

3. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    i would have to say shad , ihave sen them out on the lake so thick you could walk on them but they are hanging near the deep water.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....are these schools im seeing shad or other schools of fish?...."

They're shad, but most are so small they will slide right through your net. Moast are hald the length of your little finger.