School

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by YeeHaw, Mar 6, 2006.

1. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I'm here at school during lunch. I'm trying to save money by not eating. It cost two dollars a day for lunch here. Which turns into ten dollars a week, and that is too expensive. When last year it just cost 1.50. Plus i got grounded for my grades for a week or so, so i'll probley be on here during school more, and sneak onto the computer at home somethime. Everybody have a good day now because the bell just rang and i have to go to history where i can sleep, because we are watching a movie.
    Later on
    YEEHAW

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Evan you need to get those grades up. And skipping lunch is not a very wise idea.

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    You need to start doing the right thing and eating your lunch and behaving for your parents. I was your age and you know you need to be good. Lunch at 2.00 a day is good ,my son pays 2.10 a day and it's cheaper to do that then pack a lunch.

4. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    2:00 bucks a day??? Man i spend atleas 5 or 6. Im always hungry

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Man, my daughter could eat twice at your school, for what it cost her (me)! I cant tell you what to do, but I would strongly suggest you hit them books a little harder! It's not so much what you learn, but that you keep learning. Sleep at night! Hoping you dont have to find out for yourself!

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Focus on school. it will pay off when you become an adult an on your own.
    ============================================

On a side note.
    Real reason I'm posting here. Internet access in our schools. It shouldn't be there for students or Teachers.
    This is not a debate for me. I know enough about it, the cost, corruption etc. through my home area experiences. Learn computer/software basics, learn books, learn to do things with mind and hands.
    Internet is not needed in schools. JMO

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    We pay 50 cent lunch but it's not exactly appetizing....LOL I eat though because I need to in order to be able to concentrate and not get a headache. Man buckle down now, if you dont you will regret it one day. I dont exactly make the best grades, but I do try my best and make decent grades. I dont really like school but understand it's very important. Work hard now and it will pay off in the long run for sure. I slacked off some last year which was my freshman year in high school. But before long I realized how dumb I was being and woke up to the fact that I need to study and all that stuff. Good luck with it.:)

8. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    $2 is a cheap lunch. Grades will determine the rest of your life. I dont ground my son for bad grades, I just make him sit and watch me fish. He is not allowed to fish/hunt till the grades improve. I gave up the opportunity to finish my Masters when I was younger. I waited over a decade and now could kick myself. That degree doubled my annual income and opened doors that never existed before. I hope my son keeps his grades up all his academic life. I have no problem with him also learning a trade, but an education with that trade with allways leave him able to provide for his family.

9. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You guys pay way to much. I pay 1.35ish I get a sandwhich with turkey and ham lettuce and onions, French Fries, a cookie, and a 20oz bottle of water

On the internet thing, all most any school will allow the BOC. Were not a bad site and neither is what firewalls use to block sites. Frankly anymore it doesn't matter there are a number of site that allow you to access the pae by making a temo file of it with No meta tags so a firewall can't block it. Pretty Clever Idea. No I'm not giving out URl's I don't support the idea. In 3 out 9 classes I'm on the computer.

My GPA is 3.69, and I haven't brought a book home to study from yet. Stuff comes to me .Maybe talk to guidance about getting an IEP

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Yee Haw you can do the work now or you can work a low paying job the rest of your life, it's all up to you. Thats just the way it is!

11. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
    more work you do now, the less you will have to do the REST OF YOUR LIFE!! boy I wish I could go back and kick myself in the butt!!!

12. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Study hard. Don't be a fool. Stay in school. . . I'm sure you have heard them all. There is no way that anyone can change your mine unless you want to change it first. Sit down and try to see your future. Do you like it? Is it realistic? The best I can say is that I hope you do not have to learn this lesson the hard way.

P.S. If you are not happy with this answer . . .study until you are.

:) :) :)

13. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    KSPOR, You must have went to either West High or South. Went to both of em back in my younger days. Guess that's where I got my sense of discipline. I like the way you think.. LOL

14. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Why do I have this nasty vision of yet ANOTHER mouth we will all end up feeding for life?

15. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Thanks guys for the comments. It's just one grad, and that's math, i have a D+, i also have 4 A's, and Two C's if i bring up math i'll be good to go. The school dosn't care if we skip lunch,plus i need to lose a little weight, and save my money. So i just go up into the computer room and get on the net, plus it's lunch only 30 minutes. But by the end of this week my grad will be fine and none of you will have to worry.

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    sounds like you'll be ok to me, Evan. :)

17. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    It's $2.50 for a terrible lunch here :(

18. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well while we are on the school thing what do yall think about this (add adhd) thing we got going on. be honest

19. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    Two bucks for lunch? You cant even buy a Happy Meal for that price.

20. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    So whats for lunch tomorrow. Better be worth 2 bucks. LOL