Scheming up some 'new' mods for the Cat Sass

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SkipEye, Feb 19, 2009.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Whatchya think boys?

I hate standard bimini's. But what I hate worse is frying my gourd in 100 degree heat in the summer with no relief. The family doesn't like it either.

What I am considering is a wakeboard tower with a cargo bimini that is permanently attached. I plan on trashing the bimini frame (which consists of multiple pieces stuck together) and having my fab guy make an exact copy from 1/2" stainless that is watertight. I'll then have him weld on some stainless nozzle adapters, then I'll install a pump so I have a 'misting system' to cool things off in the middle of a blistering day.

Forget all the tower speakers and wakeboard racks, don't need that. But I could use some LED 'cans' on a lightbar to illuminate my rods at night. Possibly also a place to store extra rods or at least a net or whatever other contraption I can think of. Red overhead lighting.....who knows. I'd finally be out of the rain too. I think it could work with my stainless rod rack too.

I think it could be the CAT SASS:smile2:

Pics for inspiration/comment:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Give me some ideas fellas!

2. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Save yourself the headache.

rain protector.jpg light.jpg

3. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I would forget the bimini and see about getting some of those girls installed as permanent fixtures. Rain or really hot I think it would make for a better day on the water.

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Seriously though how much weight would that add?

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    LOL!!!! I am apparently out of 'thanks' for the moment.

Can't do the girls as Mrs SkipEye would skin me alive.:eek:oooh:

Can't do the flowerdy umbrella cause it don't go with my manly camo shorts!:smile2:

6. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    60 pounds for the tower....bimini minimal 10lbs? 15 lbs?

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thats not too bad. Reminds me of that big red sea ark at the Cooks tournament. He had a huge top with lights and rod holders on it. I think it was a big EZ with a 225 optimax on the back of it. It was kind of hard to see as it was flying by us.:smile2:

8. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.

9. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    YES!:cool2:

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You guys wanna talk about boat mods or hot chicks?

.....nevermind, dumb question.:roll_eyes:

11. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    HOT CHICKS!!!!!! Bring it on.Just have her drape those nockers over your head and you will have plenty of shade all day long.Then when you get home that night you will have a nice warm soft place to lay your tired little head on.You get the best of both.:wink:

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That's why I night fish - no stupid sun beating down on my bald noggin:wink: Sounds like a plan, Skip. Your fab guy did a nice job on the rod rack, I'm sure your hoochie bar will look great. At least that's what they call them in CA. You can try to tell Mrs. Skip all you want that its for shade and fishing pole storage, but we'll all know you're putting the thing on there for the day the Swedish bikini team shows up in St. Louis and they want to take a boat ride on the big river:smile2:

I'm going to knock something together when the weather warms up to keep the rain off and maybe, just maybe, if there's enough shade under there I might venture out during the day. I doubt it though:smile2:

Good luck with it, I'm sure it'll be a slick set up!

13. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Now Skip you know if you take the Swedish Bikini Team out you call me you have my #.You know girls like to fish to:0a6::0a6::0a6::0a10:

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Skip, you dont need both them there girls. The one laying on her belly would look real good in my boat. Hell, I will even clean out all the dead shad laying around the floor.:wink:

15. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    When you get it done Skip, let me know what it costs you...I've been wanting to put a top on my boat since I bought it and that would be nice. Although I'm not opposed to the speakers mounted on mine or the girls laying across the deck....lol

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm sensing Debbie is still at work. :smile2::smile2::wink:

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Great ideal. Think that may be the ticket. Lights and add a dozen rocket launchers on it. Also add over head storage for life vest, Rain gear.
    Pete

18. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Skip
    I just purchased all the stuff to put an encloses Bimini on the pro cat. I have an idea what the cost is and will fill you in at leadstock today. I may even know where you can get the sewing done:wink:

19. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    The tower itself is a grand but I couldn't buy material and fittings and have it fabbed up for that, plus it would have to be smaller tube.

The bimini however might be economical to do myself. Since the plan is to do a custom, watertight bimini frame with misting nozzles it might be better to fab this and have a canvas shop make the cover. The misting pump is a little over $100.00 and outputs 100 psi. Enought o atomize the water particles fairly well.

The HIGH PRESSURE pumps (800-1000psi) are stupidly outrageous in price and not doable although they would atomize the water particles into a fog that would flash evaporate and not get you wet.

We'll see, am seriously kicking this around. It would of course be in the way of fishing somewhat but not as bad as a standard bimini.

Nothing's CHEAP!:roll_eyes: But I really am not CHEAP when it comes to the boat!:smile2:

Have no use for the babes while fishing or any other time so you guys can fight over them.:wink: I'll keep the one I already got!

20. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Well, as the current Skunk Master I can find a use for the babes while you catch fish Skippy :wink: