Scented Mallows?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by katlover, Jan 31, 2006.

1. katlover

katlover New Member

State:
    california
    Has anyone ever tried scented mallows? I've seen them in the store and they are in garlic, cheese, and shrimp flavors.

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    I've seen them but never used them. Get ya some Danny King Punch Bait, if ya like to use store bought bait. ask anyone who as ever used it, It Works ! Tim Hagan sells it, or ya can look at our sponsor list on the right. Danny King is listed there.

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Ive heard of people useing plain ol masrhmellows for cat bait never tried them my self though

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Kat lover, garlic flavored marshmellows and mealworms work great for channels.
    Fish it with a sloder rig and good size leader. I like two use three with about four or five mealworms. You could also dip it in hogwild.

Jaime

5. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i once used marshmellows infuzed with anize they worked good they just get them off the hook to easy

6. bwolcott

bwolcott New Member

State:
    Illinois
    try mixing those mashmellows and anise oil with something that won't come of the hook as easy and you might have a new bait to try.

7. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    good point maybe get some marshmellow creme mix it with some cat tail fibers and ur favorite scent

8. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I lived in Colorado and used them for years. When I moved back to Kansas and could chase cats again I tried them. They work fair to middlin. Oddly the salmon eggs (Zeke's Balls o fire) brought me my biggest cat as a youth. Who knows what will work with cats, but they seem to like variety.