Scent trick - Bowhunting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by kkyyoottee, Oct 2, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How do you put your scent down without deer knowing you did it by your footprint smell? Here is little trick I use I take a couple of old arrows with fieldpoints and spray them with scent. I then look for spots away from my stand to where I want deer to pass by and shoot the arrow in that spot. I have watch deer walk right up to arrow and sniff and lick them.

2. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thats a great tip I might have to try that one......

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Sounds like a good idea.

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I usually chuck a film canister that has vents cut into it with some cotton swabs over to where I want it.

5. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I used to use doe poppers but i cant find them anymore:angry: They used to work great. They used to come in a little plastic tube and glass on the inside. Kinda like and iodine swab. Now i just use cotton balls and wrap a lil wire around them for weight and throw them out. I like those 2 ideas the guys said before me to thanks guys

6. charlestoncatman

charlestoncatman New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i dont know how ill do this w/out leaving MY scent behind, but i recently was given the idea of using NON-scented tampons to hold scents, they have a string to tye them to limbs or whatever, plau they are cheaper than those scent wick things..what im gonna do is use my range finder to establish distances im sited in for, them put them at those distances....should halp take some of the guess work outta my aim...ill report friday on how it worked

7. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa

I hope you arent showing up in a deer camp like ours and break out those tampons!!! Roflmao:big_smile: Course I would have a excuse since wife hunts with us. I would just tell the guys I had been promoted to chief tampon bearer.!!! Roflmao:eek:oooh: Good luck to you!!! (I hear they also work good for nose bleeds)

8. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    but this is the first I've ever heard of useing a "non scented" one.:smile2:
    That just cracked me up bro!I'll try the arrow or film can idea first.

9. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It sure is fun to goof on the idea of using tampons, but it works. I've been using them for a long time- the best part is that tampons expand to absorb more liquid, so they hold up to 3x the scent a normal key wick would...they last alot longer.

10. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    One thing for sure life at his deer camp would not be boring.:big_smile::smile2:

11. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Since this is not High Intensity I will remain silent on this post!!!! Okay I cant!!! Someone has done to much research on tampons!!!! (3x the scent a normal key wick would.:eek:oooh:)

12. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I know this will not sound right. :embarassed:But I have used tampons for years. They work very well. Matter of fact I have left them hang from year to year and all you do is refresh them.

13. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :embarassed:

See where I could go with this quote!!!!:wink: Just the first 2 sentences!! :embarassed: AND NO IT DONT SOUND RIGHT!!!
    :roll_eyes:
    Whats next maxi pad conversation!!!:big_smile: Post these oh never mind I am being watched. Roflmao!!!!!

14. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I prefer pads myself. i like the little wings... Lmmfao !!!!

15. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I knew a guy who kept a pad in the glove compartment of his car for when the windows would be foggy in the morning. he'd wipe the glass off so he didnt have to wait for the defrogger to clear his windows.

16. Duzy

Duzy New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Hey guys, is it ok to tell about a product that I use? It's one that I buy and use, not one that I am trying to sell, I don't have anything to do with it. It's just a good product.

Duzy

17. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    duzy you go right on ahead, just as long as you spare me more tampon talk. that and scott's 'defrogger' for the windows is making it awful hard to eat my chili!!!!! :smile2:

18. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

The question is on those rainy days when the window doesnt want to defog, should you use the heavy flow pad or the regular?

19. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i'd say it depends on the humidity factor.:confused2:

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    You guys are having way too much fun with this...