scent-lok lawsuit

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by crazy, Nov 6, 2007.

1. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Any one know anything about the lawsuit that's going on in Minnesota? I guess 4 bow hunters are suing them over the fact that sent-lok says 100% sent elimination and it's really not.

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I haven't heard about it but I hope they win. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that would eliminate all scent would be a body bag, and that's only if the zipper didn't leak!

3. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    why not just sue everyone in the world for not being exactly as their ads claim. what is the wold coming to?

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The company is wanting to corner the market. The rest is just looking for a quick buck. Two wrongs does not make one right.

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i think that things are getting to jacked up in the world today. i mean, here we have a bunch of hunters wanting to sue a company over not being able to completely eliminate thier scent. what did we ever do without scent blockers or scent eliminaters. oh wait i know, we went hunting anyway. i have never used any scent blockers or scent eliminaters, and i have still killed deer and other game. so i dont see the big deal. i dont see the need in spending 200 dollars on clothes that "eliminate" or "cover up" my scent. i think these guys should lose just on principle. and how do they know it doesnt eliminate thier scent completely? do they have a scientific "smell-o-meter"?

6. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    and how do they know it doesnt eliminate thier scent completely? do they have a scientific "smell-o-meter"?

I'm guessing one of them was up a tree..bored out of his gourd and a deer walked in looked up, snorted and took off..he gets all peed off and like everyone else out there looking to sue somebody figures its the company's fault he smells like a horse..

7. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    i use scent killer like in the spray bottle but although it does cover a lot of sent it doesnt cover all of it.one time i was in my stand and evey deer that walked by sniffed the ground at the sam exact spot where i looked at a srape even though i spray the bottoms of my boots very liberally every time i go out. but i still shot one of them. i dont see why everyone wants hunting to be so easy all the time. if you want to be successful at something mabey som people should put a little work into it. indians didnt need scent lok now why do we?

8. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I'm bettin the guys are lawyers.....

9. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I haven't bought into the scent thing. If you use the wqind to your advantage, it's not really an issue. The biggest deer I've killed, 10 pointer around 140 class, I shot it at 30 yards with a lit cig in my mouth. Another time I took a leak out of my tree stand and 15 minutes later a big doe walked in the wet dirt and left tracks. She never spooked, I shot her the next day when she came through again. But what really convinced me was about 8 years ago in the woods nature called and while I was sitting over a log, 2 deer walked out of a thicket towards me, I shot the first one at 7 feet with my pants down. I still catch hell from my hunting buddy's about that.
    Chip

10. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Ha, Ha, Ha! You let yourself in for some more crap, pun intended, right here. I guess the next time we hunt together, I better be sure I'm shooting at the right white tail! LMAO

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I tried to give ya rep on those remarks, Willie, but it said I got to spread the love a bit.
    Whitetail........LOL

12. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    If they say it eleminates all scent and it doesn't they should lose a law suit.I can't stand a lie.For many years I killed 6-8 deer a year without ever using any if that trash,I know a guy who killed 20-25 a year without it.I'll go along with Billie to stop scent you would have to be in a body bag but you still have to breath.

13. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Oh boy, here comes another product. Blaze Orange toilet paper. Turkey hunters will want it in camo. Maybe some "Camo Butt Paint" ta go with it. That's when you'll know ya got a real hunting buddy....."Did I get it covered good?"

14. nycathunter

nycathunter New Member

State:
    New York?
    :smile2: dont they already have scent nuetralizing gum ? im not one to worrie much about scent as long as you play the wind right.

15. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've never used the stuff! The most I've ever done was wash my hunting clothes in UV killer and that liquid soap without the whiteners in it!
    Raven and I take the time to do a traditional "Sweat" before opening day and we always have been blessed enough to fill our tags!
    I don't see any reason to change what works!
    In a country that has 6% of the world's population and 80 to 86% of the lawyers ... ... I can't help but thinking that there is something fundamentally wrong here!! :angry:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

16. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Anyone who believe's that a carbon suit will eliminate all odors from them lives in the land of make believe. There's always gonna be some scent on the outside of the fabric, any body part that exposed to the air, and let's not forget to breath.

17. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Good one there Boots, I'll have to give reps on the hunting buddy.

Here is the link for the docket on the Federal District Court filings

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-mndce/case_no-0:2007cv03970/case_id-93976/

18. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a job for those old style "long Johns" with the button up trap door. Where can I get a set of those in Realtree Hardwoods camo? I know my friends ain't going for the camo butt paint!

19. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Sounds to me like they stink.. Yes they STINK.. Like take a bath. Man I can smell you a mile.
    Or its that they can not find a deer. So Sue them and blame the company for them being a sorry hunter. That is about as dumb as the old bag that has the lawsuit over the hot coffee.
    What next. The car I bought does not get 400 MPG. So I will carry them to court.
    That is what is wrong with this country now. Everyone blames someone else. They will not take any blame of there own.
    pete

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I won't say the activated carbon doesn't HELP, but it's not a cure-all. Like several said we all breath. Theres alot to be said about being dressed properly, then spillin gas on yourself while fuelin the truck. Spittin copenhagen, chewin double-bubble or any number of things can spook deer. Myself, i leave my clothes outside,hunt the wind to my advantage and hope for the best.Jus one man's opinion. jf