scent killer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CopeMan, Aug 20, 2008.

1. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Hey everone just thought id throw this out there for ya. Some of ya may have seen this before or already know it but for those who dont it make save ya some big dollars.

This is a recipie for homade scent killer
    1.5 qt of Hydrogen Peroxide 3%
    2 qts distilled water
    1/2 oz unscented laundry detergent
    1/2 cup baking soda

Mix it up till soda is disolved and put in a dark container. They say sunlight dissolves the solution. Leave it uncapped for several days till it quits putting of gases and then seal. And store it in a dark area.

I dont know personally if it works but the feedback i got from others it works as good and some say better than scent a way. Its awful cheap in my opinion. I gonna make up a bunch soon. Hope this helped yall and if anyones ever used it let me know some results please. good luck!

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thanks for the recipe, homemade is always the bestest.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing this receipt. I'm going to pass this along to some avid deer hunters.

4. shovehead1

shovehead1 New Member

State:
    Trumann,Arkansas
    thanks I never knew how to

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I've used straight baking soda for years to wash all my hunting clothes in and it works great. A lot cheaper than buying the soap they sale. I bet that recipee will work just as good as the store bought scent away. Thanks for the tip :cool2:.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks, at this price i'll saturate everything i got.:big_smile: Scent away is a bit pricey to use the way i would like. I like the baking soda, i wash my camo either in it or Code Blue laundry detergent.

7. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Yeah i really like to spray down before and durin a hunt. But those companies are makin a killin on that stuff. Round here its about 4 5 dollars a bottle and ill use a btl in a day or two. Really excited about this stuff ive heard alot of good feedback.

8. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thanks for the mix, be making some in the morning.:big_smile:

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`ll have to give it a try.

10. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the recipe.

11. fishndad30

fishndad30 New Member

State:
    sigourney ,iowa
    i gotta ask ... what is the detergent for ? i understand the soda and peroxide ...
    but why the soap ?

12. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    I believe it to help bind the ingredients together. Keeps it from seperating is what ive heard

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive got a big bottle of the store stuff but havents used it in years. May try washing the clothers in baking soda though.