scent free

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by misterwhisker, Nov 14, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i gota old timers trick for ya.........use arm and hammer baking soda in your bag or box with your camos, it will take most of the foreign smells out...it will save alot of money also, give it a try it works.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That is a good piece of advice! I do this with my camo too. I wash them in scent-killer clothes wash and dry them with Dead Down Wind dryer sheets. Then they go straight to my Rubbermaid tote with a box of baking soda. Sometimes after hunting I will hang my camo clothes outside and let them air out, letting Mother Nature take care of them. With my rubber boots, I'll let them sit outside for almost a year before putting them on. Especially when they're new. This helps take the rubber smell from them. Then I'll douse some baking soda in the inside of them too. Scent Control is a must for the bowhunter and playing the wind correctly ups the odds in your favor too.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Paul thanks for the old timers tip. Scent control is a must to get the monsters.

4. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    the thing is mickey its cheap also

5. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

State:
    Waverly, Kansas
    I use it to brush my teeth before I hunt also. Leaves kind of a funny taste but no sent.

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    when i bow hunted alot i always put my clothes on the cloths line the night before if it wasnt going to rain that night like you said you cant beat mothernatures smell! .. i am also a believer in the fresh earth cover scent on my boots before i go into the woods..

7. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the tip!!!