Scenic City Fishing At It's Best

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by rsimms, May 20, 2006.

1. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I had a real good day on Chickamauga Tailwaters with Rick Dutton, his son Ryan and friend Brandon. We smoked 'em pretty good. A few monster bluegill... some for the frying pan and some for catfish bait. The biggest catfish we boated was 13 lbs. Had a lot of fish in the 5 - 10 lb. range however, and Rick got broke off by one BIG cat. And while bluegill fishing we tagged a 5.4 lb. smallmouth. Caught him on the basic 1/16th oz. tube jig tipped with a wax worm. Like I said, we were trying to catch bluegill for bait. Figured it was a catfish or a drum until that big brown head thrashed the top. :eek:oooh: A good time was had by all.

Attached Files:

2. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    Richard.... nothing wrong with that day,especially that 5 pound small mouth, good to hear from things down in Hamilton county, oh by the way enjoyed the piece you had on last weekend on deer poaching on TN wildside good job!!!!!

3. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks. There's some good TWRA officers out there working hard. Just because you don't seem them, it doesn't mean they're not there! :crazy:

4. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    I know what you mean.