Scary moment last night.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Little Luey, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have a dog that loves chasing a tennis ball, she can do it all day long.
    Last night, my kids are outside hitting the ball with an aluminum baseball bat, some kids neighbors are also playing outside.

One of them starts to hit the ball for her and shee is having a blast chasing the ball, when all of the suden, as he is swinging the bat she lounches to catch the ball, and she gets hit on the head. She starts to loose balance and blood comes out of her mouth. My son got so scared when he saw this and the blood she left on the garage door. As Fifi comes inside she is bleading and walking funny, loosing a step here and there.
    So I layed her down and she is resting in this position and the blood does not stop for a few minutes.
    The kid's mom comes over to see about the dog, I don't blame the kid because I know he didn't meant to do it, and he was scare as hell as well.

After about 30 minutes the dog is fine and walking around normally, scared the hell out of me also, for a moment I tried to imagine her gone and that was sad, she goes with me fishing, hiking, greets me at the door every time I walk in, she is my best friend and I would have been very sad if anythig serious had happened.

Thanks for reading, I just needed to get it of my chest.

2. BigRoo

BigRoo New Member

State:
    Poca,West Virginia
    I'm glad she is OK ,you still might take her to your Vet.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009

3. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Glad there was a happy ending at the end of that story Luey.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Wow that is a scary story. Glad she is feeling better. Still keep and eye on her:wink:

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yes it is scarey allright. When I was young I accidently hit my mom in the head with a bat. You know when you were young and you used to throw a ball in the air, swing your bat back and let her rip? Well my mom was in the garden picking weeds or planting, I dont remember? Anyways when I swung the bat backwards I hit her in the forehead. I felt so bad I couldnt stand it. Luckily she jus had a lump and a bruise. It was a scarey moment. Glad everything turned out okay, I know what you mean about your pets too. They are family also.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    GLAD she is OK! Dogs are mighty tough animals, and can take punishment no human could endure.

Bill in SC

7. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Glad she is ok. Watch her close for a few days though. Our pets are part of our family too.

:cool2:

8. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thanks for the nice comments everyone.
    I am definatly still watching her. i think she is back to her old self because while I was in the kitchen a while a go she will bring her toy and wait for me to kick it so she can chase it. We did it a few times and she seems ok.
    I think it is safe to say she is doing good.

From now on, the kids will not be allow to take her out without my wife or myself monitoring them. Fifi is definatly part of the family, my daugter gets kind of jelous when I call Fifi her sister; not sure if it is real or the teenager ways.:smile2:

dogs are truly man's best friend.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Glad she is ok Luey. I hit my dog one time with a softball an did pretty much the same as you posted an all turned out ok.

10. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am very glad things turned out well. I can't stand to even think of something happening to my dog. They do become part of the family.

11. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    Glad to hear she's alright. There's just nothing like a good dog.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Had a dog all my life. Inside and outside dogs. 90% of dogs I had or medium to large in size .
    My Dog is my best friend. Well taken care of. 100% part of the family.
    I understand how you feel about it.
    [FONT=&quot]Glad all is ok now.:cool2:[/FONT]

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Here is a picture of my friend, doing what she does best...

Attached Files:

14. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Glad to hear she is ok. I would be very depressed for a while if I lost my dog.

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am so happy she is ok. Yes these dogs are definitely family members.:big_smile:

16. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    GOOD TO HEAR SHE IS OK BROTHA