Scariest thing

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by mudkat, Aug 1, 2006.

1. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i was at a local private lake and i was on a canoe and i was fishing for crappie and bass and all of the sudden a big BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!
    hit the bottom of the canoe and scared me right out of my sciveys. and i had know idea that it was a flathead that hed jumped and hit the canoe i saw it floating on its back to the side of me for a few seconds then i gatherd its barings but it was a hefty fish i would guess aroung 15 20 lbs but it scared the crap out of me!!!!!

2. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois

LOL, that reminds me of when Bert and Ernie would go fishing on Sesame Street. "Here fishy......fishy......fishy....fishy fishyfishyfishy"

Funny stuff

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Hey Ryan! I see ya got no problems with the "O" key on your keyboard!
    Uncool there little brother. Ya know what I'm talkin about.

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I got scared like that once. Sitting in a John boat about 2 am, all alone, not a sound except the lantern hissing about half asleep. Then SMACK!!!! A darn beaver slapped the water with his tail behind me about 10' from the boat!! If you have ever heard that noise, you know exactly what I am talking about.

I had to go home and change into a clean pair of shorts!:lol:

5. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The time that scared me the most while fishing was on a private pond in OK.
    I was out bass fishing from a tube. On my way back to the bank, a 2' gar hits the surface about 6" from my tube. Now here I am, at least 1/4 mile from shore, in a rubber inner tube with the toothiest fish in existence right next to me. Hmm... Yeah... my reaction scared him off.

6. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ? I dont get it brother?????

7. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    George,

Me too, what did he do wrong? I just want to know so I don't do it someday. I assume you were talking to the first Ryan, not the second?

Educate us fairly newcomers.

Thanks Brother!

8. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    He was referring to a thread started by Mudcat (the other Bryan) that was nothing more than a full page of O's and U's. It was deleted a few moments ago by staff.

9. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thanks David! I could not figure out what was going on, and just thought there was some kind of "unwritten" rule out there that made Brothers angry, and did not want to make the same mistake someday.:confused2:

10. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks David for the explanation.

11. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    Was frog gigging one night out of a boat and had about 20 frogs on a stringer hanging of the side right where I was sitting. Something big came up and slammed into the frogs. Thought I was going to jump in the water. Never knew what it was but I would have guessed a big flathead. Not sure if any of the frogs were missing.:big_smile:

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee

LOL.....Now that would starlted a person. Sorry for laughing but when I read that a picture of you sitting there came to me like I was watching it happen.

13. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    i was sittin up in a ladder stand this past deer season in december, real quiet mornin, pretty day, seen a small doe early on round sunup, and so im just sittin there and all you can hear is squirrels and the wind for miles around, alla the sudden BANG!!!! guy off to my left fired off a 300mag, lol i nearly hopped right up outta that stand!

14. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I was fishing on a big creek in Ft. Hood Tx which has free roaming cattle. I had let the dog out of the truck and was getting some thing thru the drivers window and when I turned around there was a big cow I don't know if it was a bull or not all I could see was horns about 3 ft on each side and it went at the dogs first and they run of then it whirled and stared at me real mean likeabout 2 ft away I didn't know what to do my back was to the truck . I had a white hand towel in my hand and I wave it ever so gently in the cows face and with a voice I never knew I could get so high I said heeyaa and the cow spun around very nimbley and went away. True story

15. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Oh now that made me laugh! I'm trying to picture you now doing that. That's hilarious! If you go to the gathering please act that part out for us. I would love to hear it and watch you 'wave the towel ever so gently'.:lol: Reps for you.

16. catnip

catnip New Member

State:
    texas
    well catfishcatmandu that bovine studied at Texas A&M, they start with the Geneva convention and work up to hoof to horn combat training. when that cow saw that white flag it knew not knock the fishing spirit out of you, therefore the upset look. now if you had raised a hamburger patty it would've been on. you are one lucky fisherman. catnip

17. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Thoes cows are use to fighting off coyotes from their calfs the two dogs with me have great phyrennes blod and are from herding parents but those dogs loked at me like they ain't nothing in the pedigree about cows fight coyotes yes fight cows no.

and yes Mark I will be happy to reenact this event at the gathering.

18. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Wil, I have something a bit better than one cow: a herd of cows! There used to be a pond and a field behind my house with cattle on it, and they were BIG longhorns too, probably a good 20 or 30 of them, with the one humongous bull towards the back. Longhorns are noted for being aggressive. Well I was catfishing this pond one day when all of a sudden I realize these cows have come up behind me without my knowing it. So I was sitting there thinking about what the heck to do about this bit if they decided to start charging or something (I decided the pond would be the best option) when they started getting closer. So the cows surround me and for probably close to a half an hour they sat there licking my tackle box and sniffing at me and stuff. One cow even got her hoof tangled in my fishing line :lol: Eventually they moved on though with no harm to me. I had never been so scared in my life. Oh well, I guess it builds character :big_smile:

19. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    last deer season we were drivin a old thick creek bed and i was sitin with my back to a tree and a big doe came the oppostie way within 2 feet of the tree, i nearly had a heart attack.

20. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    thats enough booooooooooooooooooom wouldnt you say. well, did yea eat the cat? i wish a cat would do that to me!