Scared to death

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mi11er, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I had to tell someone everyone I know is at work.

I went up to the store with my two year old son to get some dinner. As I was walking through this guy kinda stares at me. As I pass him he slaps me on the arm.

I have no idea who this is so I say " hey, how is it going" he says "Why did you start S%$% with me at the bar?"

I said that I have not been to a bar in months.

He said that it was me. He said that it was a month and a half ago.

I said that I don't remember. He said that he remembers and then starts walking away.

I walked the other way with my son in the cart. I waited till I got to the produce section and then picked him up and got out of there. I will tell you what, it scared the hell out of me. I have not been to a bar in quite awhile. But even if I did, does anyone think that confronting someone with a child in a cart ,and a 9-10 year old with them, in a grocrey store appropriate? That freaked me out, big time.

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Bad deal, and not appropriate. I don't blame you for being scared. You just never know what someone will do in this day and age or what makes them tick! Nobody should ever make comments like that when young children are present, that just shows a lack of character. and good sense.

4. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I would have done the same thing and just walked away. I would not have confronted anyone with kids around. There is a time and place for everything. The grocery store is not the place for it. You did the right thing. Sounds to me like he was just looking for trouble.

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am thinking about it.

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    You did the right thing Jess.

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I am glad Jess that it turned out like it did. It would of freaked me out too:wink:

8. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    You did the right thing! I can't say I would have done the same! the fact that I had children with me would have enraged me even more!:angry: I don't think carrying a gun is a bad idea but I would rather do my dealing with my hands!.........You should of followed him till you got to the canned goods isle and opened one up on his @ss!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2: Just kidding! you did the right thing

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    you did the right thing, it sounds like this guy must be an a**hole everywhere he goes, the bar, the store, i like having my carry permit for those nights on the river but ya never know what nuts are around anymore:wink:

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i have had 2 encounters like that as an adult. (kids are dumb anyways)

encounter 1 i did just like you did, and i walked away. somewhat surprised and frieghtened.
    encounter 2 i tried to walk away and the guy swung on me anyways. he was convinced i was sleeping with his gf. only i was a few hundred miles from home on a getaway weekend with some friends. unfortunately for him, he was drunk and i wasnt. Awhippin' commenced.

encounter number 2 tought me a lesson. (permit to carry-with safety course or proper training). and walking away doesnt allways work.

people like that are predators. they are preying on what they deem to be weak and most importantly-unsuspecting. even wild animals use ambush techniques. they catch thier victims off guard. the best defense for this is to not be off guard. fright or flight be damned, i will protect my family...

11. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    back in the day i would have stomped a mud hole in his ars then walked it dry .but now i would have walked away if i had my kids with me .you done the right thing

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Its a strange world we live in and there are many people out there just looking to start some sh!t. Its a good idea now days to keep one eye looking over your shoulder. You did the right thing. Especially with your child with you. I think I would go back to the bar real soon though. Open up a can of whoop a$$ on him.:wink:

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Worlds full of fools, drunks and idiots. A can of split peas behind the ear mite help him remember if it really was You.You did the best thing by walkin away with your son. It's a small world and next time you may be by yourself.:wink:

14. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well Jess, with your kids in tow you did the right thing. Even if you were carrying you still wouldnt want to have to shoot someone in front of your kids, but protection is protection. Confronting him would have just aggravated the situation.The world has a much larger ratio of fools these days.

Im sorry to hear this happened to you, be thankful you and the kids walked away without a problem. I was once mistaken in a bar for someone else, I was young and cocky back then. He said I whooped him, I said remind me why and I'll do it again...lol

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I'd have to agree with everyone else and say you absolutely done the right thing with your young kids present. The guy was probably spaced out on something.

That being said, i'd have to go bar hopping looking for this guy and slap him on the arm and say "Why did you start S%$% with me in the store?":smile2:

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As a mother myself,I can say first and formost at all costs I would protect my kids.What happened to you was absolutely reprehensible. How dare the fool come up to you in front of your family and do that. I thank God that you didn't find him lying in wait for you outside the store. Walking away is exactly what I would have done also,and leaving the store as quickly as possible. We are living in a very dangerous world anymore and it's hard to tell what folks will do.:crazy:

17. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You done the right thing by walking away some guys are just plain jerks and likes to start stuff for no reason, im glad you chose to walk away I think when your kids get older they will respect you more for it then setting there and argueing with the guy.

18. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Am glad you did what you did and walked away ..the hard part of this whole thread is people saying you should get a ccw permit :eek:oooh:God forbid you'd ever draw a weapon on some one in a store for slapping your arm ..you'd be behind bar;s so quick you would not know what to think ...kill some one for touching you lol i can see it now man kill's out of fear for a arm slap in store ...you did good by letting it go when the time is right you'l act and do what need's to be done God forbid that it come's to that!!!

19. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I don't think that anyone wanted me to have a ccw to shoot him over the slap on the arm. But, if the guy would have followed my son and I out in the parking lot to start something....I don't think that I could shoot someone but it would be nice to have.

20. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jess i think i just typed that wrong ..I was not trying to be a smart A$$ in no way sorry if i came across that way:sad2: