scales

Discussion in 'Fishing Weighing Scales' started by catoon, Mar 31, 2009.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i dont own no scales .would the lipp gripp scale combo be a good one?

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I have a 50lb cabelas lip gripper and love it.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I have the coffee scale and it is a good accurate scale, just doesn't like water :crazy:.

Just purchased a couple of months ago the Berkley 100 lb. scale and like it a lot better. It has digital readout on both sides of the scale, it's big and easy to see as well as user friendly, comes with a good carrying case, it will lock in to a weight, is highly accurate and water proof. I've used it the last 2 tournaments and they are right with the official scales at the weigh in. So far the best scale i've owned.

Really don't like the lip gripper type scales for weighing fish over 15 lbs. or so. We always weigh them in the net.

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I have the Berkley 100 lb scales and love it. I to have the coffee scale 220 just incase the fish is bigger then 100 pounds:wink: Lol

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The new Berkley 100# scale. Where can it be found? What stores handle it?

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Mickey, It can be found at the 2 Big major store that sell fishing gear.

If you still can't find it look on google:wink: Just tryin to keep this post within the rules of the BOC.

If you need PM me Mickey

7. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    I got this scale, it it a 110# capacity, and will meet the certification standards for IGFA. I got mine done through an independent scale scale company, they charged $25.00 per year. It's done 2 water body records accepted by TPWD so far this year. I'll have to look up the info where I got it but it seems that it was like $37.00 plus shipping. If somebody wants info just PM me.