SC Opinion on sonar

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Redneck in a Skiboat, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I was wondering if any of you SC folks have used a Eagle Fish Mark 320. I am seriously considering getting one of these for my jon boat. I was considering the Eagle Cuda 300 for $79, but I'd like to have a little better detail. I currently have a Lowrance X70A on the other boat, and like the detail. I've found the Fish mark 320 for $149. That stretches my budget, but I can swing it. I know color, chart plotter, side image, and HDS would be better, but it ain't happening. I haven't actually used one of these so I'd like to hear from someone who has. I'll mainly be using it on Lake Hartwell and Succession and occasionally some others (I know that doesn't matter, but I'd rather keep the thread here):big_smile:.

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    fishmark would be my choice for @ $100:big_smile:

3. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    you wont go wrong with the eagle:wink:

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I used the Fishmark 320 for years.I replaced it w/ a H'Bird 797 last year only for GPS purposes.The 320 marked alot of fish & was well worth the money(think I paid $199).I still have it & was thinking of putting it on the bow.

5. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    I been playing with this simulator and thought some of you might be interested.
    http://www.eaglenav.com/en/Downloads/Product-Emulators/

I know its never going to be quite this sharp in real life, but its fun to play with. They've got me sold! The best part is when I get it, I already know the menu and features. Dang, I'm like a kid with a new toy and I ain't even got the toy yet. This will be the first thing I've bought for me since winter. I've spent plenty but it's been food, gas, bait, hooks, and maintenance stuff.

6. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have one and am very happy with it. The ones with color, and all the extra gadgets are nice but not worth the money to me. All I want to know is if there is something down there and how deep.

7. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I forgot to say that I also have a Cuda in the back of the boat. Resolution is poor and sometimes it shows fish that I don't think exist . The Fishmark is a much better deal.

8. Coors

Coors New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I have a Eagle 502, my opinion the eagle units are as good as the next brand. Them Eagles will find'em!

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The Eagle Fishmark 320 is a good little unit for $150. I have one and caught a LOT of fish I marked with it. The good thing about it is, when you upgrade to a fancier Eagle or Lowrance, the buttons are basically the same, thus you will be ahead of the game learning to operate it. I now have an Eagle 502c color/gps, and the buttons are identical to the 320. I always try to guide folks towards Eagle/Lowrance.

Bill in SC

10. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I guess they all are good but i have always been a Lowrance/Eagle man.
    I still use the LMS 350A that i have owned for a good # of yrs. Took care of it, took it off the boat after each trip and still works like a champ. My other boat already had the Lowrance 75 so i put the 350A on the pontoon. The Pontoon had a like new Humminbird on it that will make a good fishfinder for someone. I used it a few times and it works as good as it looks. If someone needs a good sonar and a good price, this one is for sale:big_smile:

11. Redneck in a Skiboat

State:
    South Caro
    Yea , i agree about the eagle or lowrance. I have the Lowrance x70A on the other boat. I know its a dinosaur (Late 80's Early 90's), but its a great unit. It was around $450 back then. I can't wait to get the New Eagle, its going to be a breeze to operate compared the x70a.

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    The X70A was a good fishfinder, i upgraded to the 350A and liked it because it held its memory and the X70 didn't. You would have to set it up the way you like each and ever time you went fishn. I will keep my 350A till it quits. Its true to the name of Lowrance:big_smile:

13. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    I use an eagle 320. Sometimes I have trouble with it registering the bottom, but it's probably intereference w/ the pontoon's or something I've adjusted wrong. Once I go over 12 mph it'll lose the bottom. I can plug the same display unit to my bass boat and it'll show bottom doing 35 mph??

It's probably the best bang for the buck in terms of standard depth finders. I'm hoping I can afford a side imaging finder here soon!