Saylorville Lake Cats

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mdavis, Mar 17, 2009.

1. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Fished Saylorville quite a bit in '08 and was wondering if there are any other BOC members that fish the main lake? If so, have you been out this year yet and have you hooked any? Have not fished Saylorville after ice out and was wondering where to start other then the shallows, can be hard finding fish on this lake a lot of the time.

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    If you have a boat, the channel that runs near the middle and all the way through the lake is supposed to be good, If it's channel cat your after just fish on the wind blown side shallow or deep, hope this helps..but that is a tuff lake to find cats. Big creek spillway is another good option

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    yeah most people i know weren't very successful on the lake, but the spillway below it is good fishing.

4. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thanks for the input everyone. I did very well in the summer last year on the lake but didnt have to much luck during the spring. I will find them though! :roll_eyes:

I know there are a large number of cats out there and can pretty much have them all to myself if i keep from getting run over by skiers.