Saying "Hi" to my fellow Virginians

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by Kev-Man, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Kev-Man

Kev-Man Guest

I've been on Catfish1.com for a little while now, I've just never said Hi before. I guess I could say I've been busy, mostly I've just put it off.
    Hi, everyone... Sorry for long of a wait.
    I'm from Hardy, Franklin County area.
    I love my fishin' too. I hit Smith Mountain Lake a lot for my catfishing and the James River.
    I went last night and like to froze, but I bagged a good Flathead.
    Well, I hope to hear from one or two of you.
    Have a good one...
    See ya later...
    Kev-Man

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Kevin,
    Welcome to the BOC. You are a brave man to have fished last night. It was a warm 24 degrees at my place when I got up around 7:30 am. That is just a little cooler than I like my fish sticks.
    Congrats on the big flathead.

3. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Kevin,
    Welcome to the BOC

4. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    kevin ,I'm 15 min from sml I'm in callands, If you want to catch so big fish you needto go down to buggs,thats where It's at no tidal cats 1bigblue

5. Kev-Man

Kev-Man Guest

A buddy of mine has been telling me that for a while now. He goes down there, but he said in the right months that it lives up to it's name. I guess this time of year a body needs not worry about it.
    Thing is I don't have a boat ( I really enjoy fishing from the bank... wierd right ) and I don't know anything about the area. Can you help me out on a good spot to go, one that isn't fished out, to many people and all that jazz? I like being left alone especially if I go alone.
    Thanks again Brother...

6. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    kev-man,going to the lake on 58 I would think Ivy hill state park with the water being so down you could walk out on some points and cover it pertty good, your buddy was right on certain months its on down there and IT'S ON NOW.hope this helps 1bigblue:cool2:

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Kev! Welcome to the BOC.

8. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    :0a18:Whew...a little chilly!

I guess you didn't have to worry about that flathead spoiling on you. Thanks for the howdy!

9. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Welcome to the BOC. I'm not far from you in Salem. I fish SML some, but mostly Claytor and upper James.
    Chip

10. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    i lived in Christiansburg and worked in radford for more than 10 years.met my wife there ,lot of family still there too ....i use to fish claytor lake and the guys at the new river textile plant in radford had a cat tourney every year,...man they brought some huge,mean looking flatheads outta claytor lake.....i had caught several also just below the dam on new river but that place gets a work out through the summer.