Saying hey

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by 01 Mudslinger, Feb 5, 2007.

1. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Well im not new to the site, ive been on here lil over a year now i believe. Just stayed in the NC section cuz i was in the ARMY and living down in Ft. Bragg. But now im out and i have moved back home here in Virginia(Pittsylvania County) and i live in the very small town of Gretna. For the most part i will be fishing Leesville Lake or Smith Mtn. I havnt really fished these lakes since i was kid, so any info on some good spots would be greatly appreciate as well as some spots on the rivers around here to get to and fish. Cant wait for it to warm up to get back to Catfishing, think for now im gonna give the stripers a try. Thanks again folks.

2. shaddaddi

shaddaddi New Member

State:
    smith mountain lake,VA
    I live in a much smaller town called Burnt Chimney(franklin county) and AM glad you are home!! Any time of year you can take crawlers to Leesville and fish as close to the Pigg river as possible, if not in it, and keep yourself busy catching all kinds of small fish with several carp mixed in. Great place to fish away the wintertime blues!!

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    I know you can come back down here to the cape fear and we can go out and fish on it? What do you think there killer?

4. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    welcome back. Don't feel bad i live in callands not to far from ya. It won't be long before it warms up. Hell winter is half over. 1bigblue :cool2:

5. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Good to have you back home bro, Hope to see you on the water some time soon, Im sure we will be fishing some of the same water. I live in Martinsville.

Wheelmobile07

6. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Yea man, ill get back down there this summer and we can do some campin and fishing or something. Thanks everybody else, i cant wait to hook into another fish this year.

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Yall holler at me too, I have a NC fishing license as well as VA. Id love to go to Cape Fear and try it out. Lemme know.

Wheelmobile07

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    WElcome Home Sgt

9. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    hey mudslinger. welcome back to va. Please dont wait for the warm weather to try the catfish in the James river. they bite all winter.
    Thanks for your service to our country.
    If you are up here sometime give us a shout we might have a empty seat on the boat.
    Redcat

10. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Thanks again for the warm welcome guys, anybody know where Flathead Willie is, does he still run around on this forum or not?

11. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Flathead Willie is stillon this site-have not seen anything from him in a few days.

12. shaddaddi

shaddaddi New Member

State:
    smith mountain lake,VA
    Oh yeah Willie is still around. He has been wearing out the religious forum lately.

13. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Hey nice pic of a bob. Did you get that lately? or just an old picture?

14. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Welcome back
    Hope you have good luck.

15. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    You done any fishing yet? I hope it warms up for you up there. Let me know when the next time you come down and Ill set something up.

16. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va

Nah not yet, plannin on gettin out there this week, sposed to be descently warm hoping the stripers are biting atleast. ill let ya know what i come up with

17. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    01 Mudslinger!!! Whats up man!? We went to Buggs this past Saturday! Landed 9 Blues. The biggest was 26lbs. You need to get up with me man!!

18. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    hey man we need to plan a fishing trip this summer, You IN?

19. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    Jaime, whats up, didnt know you had got on this site, yea man, lets hit it up., Billy im definately in. Sounds like a plan.

20. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yeah, figured I would jump on the band wagon. I'll holler at ya