Saying Goodbye to Flats, Hello to Salt!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ste6168, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Well, as some of you may know, or have saw me post/talk about it here and there, I have been interviewing with school districts (out of the Pittsburgh area) for the past few weeks. I got offered multiple positions in both MD and VA. It was a hard decision to make, but I made it official this past Friday that I will be the newest Technology Education teacher at Broadneck HS in Annapolis, MD (starting this August). The school is literally on the Bay and Broadneck is a very good highschool, both academically and athletically, not to mention they have a fishing club :wink:! I am extremely excited :big_smile:, but also kind of nervous :confused2:. I just figured I would let all of you know I am leaving the area, and also wondering what you guys can tell me about fishing on the Bay?

If you don't read the above paragraph, at least read this. What type of fishing can be done on the Bay, or the surrounding Annapolis/Baltimore areas? Do you basically need a decent boat to fish the bay, or would something small work (maybe even just the inlets?), is bank fishing even an option?

Anything fishing related is what I am really after, but words of advice, or other info on the area/re-locating/starting a new job/life in general/etc is also welcomed and appreciated! :big_smile: Thanks

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i fish the upper cheasapeake and i know that down by annapolis is awesome for stripers(alot better then the upper bay) plus i'm pretty sure there are some blue cats down close to that area too, your close to the potomac and that holds blue cats, good luck in your move and keep up posted :cool2: i'm sure there are alot of inlets and piers to fish and a small boat would be good as long as ya pick your days and make sure its calm, i'm sure you'll see what other people are doin down there and pick it up quick

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Mike i don.t know the area u r asking about ,but i can tell u this[ the inlet is as dangerous place as u can fish at certain time s] ,normaly inlets r ruffer than ocean is after getting out the inlet .

4. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Good luck Mike. It was nice fishin with ya at the meet. Keep us informed of your fishing finds down there and progress in your career.

5. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    We'll I should have mentioned that I really am not leaving until August. So I have the rest of this summer to catch a 40lbr (soon as spawn ends :confused2:). And, like Tan, I will have summers off and will only be 4 hours away, I am sure I will make it back here to fish for the state record :wink:

6. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I wasnt referring to the "BIG" inlets, more like the small fingers that protrude into the land (or is it the other way around, who knows). They can't be any worse than the rivers here in Pittsburgh

7. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    not from them places but good luck to ya!! if they have a fishing club there they'll help you out i'm sure, shane

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Sad to see your leaving PA.:sad2: You gotta go where life takes you though!Glad we got to fish together once anyways.You always have good up to date reports,gonna miss them.Hopefully there will be another meet before you leave town.If not,Good luck in your new town and new job!:wink:

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Congrats on landing a good job! Throw out whatever you learned in college, experience and what you learn on the job is most important. Be patient with the kids. It takes a special person to be a teacher!:wink: Anytime your job/kids get difficult, just think there is a light at the end of the tunnel! You never have to work on the weekends, you have every holiday off, and of course what all teacher look forward to.........SUMMER VACATION!:big_smile: If you can positively change the life of 1 kid per year, then you have done your job!~

I have never fished in the Baltimore/Annapolis area, but I do know the Cheasapeake is known for its striped bass fishery. The Potomac is close by so that means the big blues are there! Baltimore is only 2.5 hours away from Philly, so if you ever need to get a flathead fix, you know who to call!:wink::big_smile:

Get used to someone calling you Mr.:smile2:

10. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Yeah thats true, I forgot about the possibility of the informal meet if Tan comes out. Might hafta be somewhat of a going away party for Mike too. Hopefully once the spawn is over we can get together again Mike. You gotta bring the new boat up to my neck of the woods where I took Damien.

11. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I would be glad to tow it up anytime, there is a small :roll_eyes: dent in the front of it now. I wish to not speak of what happened, Damien can elaborate on that if he wishes... :angry::embarassed::big_smile:

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck Mike with the new career! :big_smile:

13. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Mike congrats on the new job and hope everything works out for ya. if i can get this gimpy wheel somewhat healed up maybe i'll get to fish with ya before you go.

14. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Sorry to hear that your laving the fresh water.I don't know a whole lot a salt water fishing but I do know a little.I just found this web site its kinda like the BOC just for salt water its www.bloodydecks.com. I hope this helps you and good luck out there.

15. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    Good luck on the move, there is some phoneminal fishing down that way....check out ..........com....lots of info on that area

16. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Good luck on the new job. You should have plenty of places to fish around there.

17. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    congrats on the job mike, like tan and lenny said that area is know for there "real strippers" not the small one's we have. looks like the school is going to get a new teacher for that fishing club also..lol. that just means we all have to get togother before you leave bro. well congrats, there isn't to many people now a days that are in shoes.....justin

18. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA
    Good luck bud! Hopefully we can fish together at least once before you venture down.