Say, if ya would. Would you mind, just for a moment.......

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Aug 13, 2009.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Say if ya would. Would you mind, just for a moment and take a look at the horizon and think about some folk doing some work for you just now. Nah, they ain't welding an I beam, or planting corn or fixing your car or taking your Grannies temp.

These folks are in close quarter combat just now. That means you get to see who kills you.

I changed my avatar back to the one where I am wearing a cover sent to me from a B.O.C. internet brother. SSgt Fishslayer aka Joey or Joe for short. Joe and I have interacted here, not buddies, not friends, not anything really, but something if ya get what I mean. Joe sent me this cover a little while back from Afghanistan. Don't know just what he is doing now, but he is there and if he ain't active just now his buddies are and they mean an awful lot to me. So..................

I'm going to look out over the horizon just now, a corn field in fact, and tell them I am thinking about them and wish them Godspeed to safety and home.

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla

Semper Fi Everyone should stop and take a look and thank God for our military men and women.

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great point John. As the sun sets on Indiana tonight, I'll look over the horizon and toast a cold one in honor of our heros, standing and fallen.

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    May God bless all of them and get them all home safe.

5. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Thank god we have young men and women that will stand up for our country. My prayers for them and thanks to them all.

6. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great post. We are looking back at ya:wink:

7. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Raisin' a proud salute to all the fallen & standin soldiers.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    My hats off to all the men and women in uniform, past present and future. If it weren't for the job they do we would not be free to do what we do.

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    [youtubevid]O6gtISlR2dk&feature[/youtubevid]
    [youtubevid]LH4-tOqLH94&feature[/youtubevid]
    [youtubevid]K6QQGMcGfIQ&feature[/youtubevid]
    [youtubevid]JZenN39fP98&feature[/youtubevid]

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Nice cover PB I get to work with about 40,000 men wearing it every day which is a great honor and priviledge,plus my son and Daughter in law wear army hats and are on their way to Iraq again in oct.Those of us who served and fought did it and do it for americans just like you and the other folks on here.It was our honor.:big_smile:

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Good to know someone still cares and says so. OOooorah

12. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I care I do ac work I go to a lot of houses and see a lot of different people if I see pics or anything military like I question it if they are military pass or present I shake there hand and say thanks....it makes me feel good I hope the same for them:wink:

13. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There has been a flag flying at a house down the street from me every day for the past several months and I finally saw a lady in the yard. I asked if there is a reason associated with the flag. Her son is deployed in Afganastan and it will continue to fly until he returns. It also serves to remind me that thousands of our young men and women are putting their all on the line for us each and every day. Stay safe and we're looking forward to greeting you back to the World!!!

14. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    if hes in 2nd batt.3rd marines, they are currently engaged in combat at the moment, been that way for three days with the taliban uprising, 400 marines get ner done. ooRah

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    right on B man..... & with that I am gonna take a peep at the horizion ...have a moment of silence...