Say, Hey:

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by postbeetle, Dec 30, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am a Newbie here. I told Phil Washburn yesterday that I haven't watched a pro football game all year, and that I was going to watch last night. I asked who he thought would win. (no not really, but he wanted to bet me a 1,000 bucks on the Giants, no not really) I fell asleep, would I have won? If ya see Phil ask him for me. Tell me who won, I honest to God don't know.

2. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Pats 38 Gmen 35 was agood game :smile2:

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    what are doing wandering around in a bad neighborhood like this, John?:smile2:

you missed a good game, my friend. the pats D really disappointed me...that and eli picked last night to have the best game of his career:wink:

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I started out watching the game and Nancy started talking about the roof leaking so I went to bed. Maybe I can catch the Super Bowl. Wanna bet on who will be there? Are you really a Patriots fan? LOL.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the other side of the tracks John. Its a different place here...:confused2::wink::smile2:

Phil just acts like he's the biggest Pats fan.:wink:

I'll say that the Superbowl is gonna be the Pats and the Cowboys. The Pats will go a perfect 19-0(I Hope),,,never done before and probably not again in my lifetime...
    I'm a Denver Broncos fan but we're rebuilding...:smile2:...Gotta pull for the Pats now. Randy Moss grew up and played college ball not too far from here.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah that was a great game... as much as i wanted the pats to lose... they came back and pulled it off

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I watched men stomp the snot outa each other in a cage instead. And I liked it! LOL!

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Phil that was a good game. A real good game.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I felt a great disturbence in the force today! :crazy: I couldn't quite figure out where it was coming from? :confused2: Then I entered the football area here today and saw a new thread from postbeetle! :eek:oooh: :wink: :smile2: Welcome to our football section postbeetle! :0a25: Be forewarned the darkside is alive and well here! :smile2: Lord Ryanvader presence is around every corner! :smile2: :roll_eyes: :smile2:

10. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, I don't know what Phil and John are talking about Postbeetle, but the Colts are going to whoop on the Pats in the AFC Championship! Good to have you on here! Welcome to the BOC brother! Stay in here with us and you'll have fun! All these guys have a good sense of humor. Especially Phil, thinking the Pats are going to win the Super Bowl this year.:smile2::wink:

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The last time Phil had a sense of humor was when he won the lottery. But he has gone through 30,000,000 dollars betting on everybody but the Pats. So now he is grumpy again. Don't let him fool ya, he really is a Cowboys fan.

It has been a long time since I have interested myself in sports, so I am really a Newbie. When in Chicago for 20 years, I was a sports nut. I was fortunate to have clients in my practice like, Ernie Banks (Say, Hey) and Ron Santo. I have Butkus's autograph. I went to Cubs (until I got sick of them losing-cubs suck), White Sox, Blackhawk, and Bears games. You have never never seen a football player run like Gale Sayers, esp when you could see it in person. Never made it to a Bulls game, but always was interested in them. Michael Jordon lived in the town next to me.

I got away from sports gradually. Made my wife happy, because she hates the stuff. Things changed, the players and owners changed. Couldn't stomach it anymore. When in college (ISU) I was a jock. (wrestling) The era of Dan Gable. Had the honor of wrestling Dan in practice. I left it because I couldn't do what I had to do with school and sports at the same time. I stayed friends with my jock friends. Amazing, live in their own world guys.

So thanks for the welcome. I will sneak in to see what is happening once in-a-while. Who knows maybe Phil can convince me the Pats are the second coming of God. Like BG told me yesterday, the winner will be the guy with the most points.

Postbeetle