Saw some geese with goslings today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, May 14, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Went fishin' and caught a turtle and a gar. Then I went downstream to the small island at the rapids and there were 6 geese, 2 of them had babies. so far they can only swim.

Attached Files:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cool pics jon. Keep an eye out. There may be a big ol' flattie following them around waiting for mother goose to turn her back.:lol:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Those Canadians grow real quick.
    We probally have 30-40 pair where I work and they have all had their eggs hatch.
    Its amazing how fast the change in appearance and grow.
    The best part is when they learn to fly.
    They run into our trucks, buildings , and I guess whatever else jumps in their way.:lol:

4. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    Thanks for posting the pictures. They are adorable, and should NOT be eaten by a fish. :sad2:

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's called the food chain. You live in Florida. Ever wonder what all those alligators eat? Nature is cruel sometimes.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good pictures! Thanks!! Yea, all spring I've been watching a Robin that nested on one of my tree stands that hang on the side of the barn in the off season. I've even emptied my worm farm feeding her. She had four chicks in the nest but now she has only two. I don't know what happened to the others. They still feed in the yard which is protected by a big privacy fence. The chicks are almost as big as momma now but while one feeds itself, the other stays right with the mother taking handouts.

7. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    several weeks ago, before we had our deep freeze of the century there was a nest in the same area with 5 eggs. they hatched but I was too late to see the chicks. now it looks like there's more and I want to see them grow. anyway I have officially started gar fishing (and ready to start catfishing) so I will be down there more often.