Saving the big fish of kansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kansas_catman_16, Mar 7, 2009.

1. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    a very important subject was brought to my attention in a thread by big vic called mayb time for a change. in my opinion that the length limits and size limits here in kansas are basically taking alot of big fish out of our waters:sad2: i think that we should propose a change to the laws here from having just the minimum length limit to also having a maximum length limit to preserve our Big flatheads,blues and channels but not just them but also all the other species of fish that people target alot such as crappie,walleye,bass,wiper and stripers it would put bigger fish in our waters but it could also lead the fish to start growing bigger faster giving us a better fishery and giving our children and grandchildren a chance at a trophy like we've all had :cool2:

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    A max limit will never work. A slot limit is the way to go. :wink:

3. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    :smile2:thats kinda wat i mean :smile2:. i been thinkin bout it since i saw someone keep a 60lb flathead and let the meat rot :sad2::crazy:

4. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    With a 60 lber thats all the meats good for why keep it.

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    You can report them for wanton waste.

6. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    i didnt know u could do that:crazy: wish i had known that then

7. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Max length limit or slot limit, neither will work if it is not inforced. Not sure of the situation in Kansas but here in Nebraska we dont have enough game wardens to cover the area

8. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    ya thats kinda how it is here everytime im out i hardly ever see game wardens but when i do they usually stop and check for license and everything but like i said i hardly see them

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Joe, your statement with the list of fish posted for control on size kept is good, with one exception, Wipers. They're a hybrid, don't reproduce(possibly on occasion) live 3-5 years, if that long. So if you don't keep the bigger ones, they'll just die any way.

10. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    ya your right hadnt thought about that but from wat the game wardens tell me around here they live a lil longer due to water conditions:eek:oooh:

11. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

its really up to those fishing on what happens with the fish.more laws will never be inforced not enough wardens to do that now.its the people you need to get across to not the law

12. kansas_catman_16

State:
    Kansas
    makes a great point