Saverton Dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MRR, Aug 15, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Neighbor and I took a ride up the river from Louisiana,Mo. to Saverton Dam more to see how long it takes to get there with a 50 hp motor. It took 45 mins.Done a little fishing while there ,but didn't do a lot of good. Caught 3 worth keeping.Ruined a prop also. He hit a underwater dike. He had had it put on about 3 weeks ago. Not a happy camper. His own fault,I told him to go easy through that spot that it gets pretty shallow,but no he goes half throdle and wham messed up one blade of prop. Live and learn (right).

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds like someone is doing a little homework for the Cooks tourney on Sunday. :roll_eyes: Thx for the update MRR. I'm planning on running south for the tourney. I hope to meet you there. I'll be in a 24 foot big daddy thats tan in color an has a 225 yamaha on it. I have a "Cuz" decal on the drivers side. Come up and say hi, and i'll do the same if I see ya.

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll be there fishing with my brother, and will be donating the big cat prise, hope to see ya there.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hope to see you all down at the river front around 6-630.Myself I'll be wearing a JM MARSCHUETZ CONST. cap.Green in color. I'D wear my BOC cap but don't want to get itdirty and being a winter cap ,might be a little warm. Think we need to get Paul to get some BOC summer caps.that would be neat. Also will have a light tan pair of pants and a gray sleeveless T-Shirt on. Sure hope to get to meet you all. And yes we was doing some scouting out some spots. Sure know one place not to go:roll_eyes: .

5. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    gentleman, will also be there. my son-in-law will be my partner and we'll be in a tan 20 foot Landau backwater boat w/ a 90h Suzuki. has a certer consul w/ like a roll bar over the windshield, good for deflecting those asian carp. I'm #64 and they expect close to 75 so have spots from down toward Clarksville to up close to the dam. Will be an awesome day and hopefully we'll get to meet in person over a great day out on the river.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Cant wait to meet you guys in Louisianna. Maybe someone can put up a BOC sign at the dinner after the tournament and we can all meet there? Would be nice to meet all of you.

7. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I must work, but hope to view the weigh in and meet a few of you. Good luck MRR and hope we can get together again. Been busy this past month+. Hannibal Mike

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I havnt prefished this area at all, so dont anyone follow Cuz. I dont know where I'm going, but I'll be going there really fast. I think I'm boat 20. :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hey Cuz someone has to be wrong there can't be two (2) #20's.Thats what our # is suppose to be unless Shawn told us wrong.
    The way Shawn said he was doing it this year since some of us couldn't hear the intercom last year when we were taking off and they was calling out numbers every 7 sec top take off.This year he said he's gonna do it in blocks . And hes gonna use one of those air blast horns. First blk one blast ,sec 2 blast and so forth.Maybe we'll be in the same block and you can just pull us to our spot then go to yours ,big motor and all..:lol: Hope this helps explain somethings. Are you all coming up SAt night and staying over or just getting up early Sun morning. Real Early. Sure hope to get to see you all there.If not I'm saying best of luck ,and Cuz if your going down river your only 8-10 mile from Clarksville Dam. And some rock walls. If we don't win this ourself I really hope that some one from the BOC does.
    BEST OF LUCK BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!!

10. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    How did the Louisiana tourny go? What were the results? I could not make it to the weigh-in. Help! Hannibal Mike

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Mike. Sorry we couldnt catch up with you. I got to meet quite a few of the BOC folks and we had a great time at the tournament. With the exception of two boats out of 79, the tournament was a dinkfest.
    1st - 233 Pounds
    2nd -147 Pounds
    3rd - 65 Pounds
    4th - 40 Pounds
    Boats 5-79 I would say only average 10 pounds or so. Supposedly, both winning loads came off of Saverton Dam. I talked with two other teams that said they fished right next to the winning boat and said they didnt see them reel in fish, so they must have caught them late after everyone left the area. Sean puts on a good tournament. You should try an make it next year. I had electrical problems (again) and had no sonar. I fished the dam at Clarksville. I didnt weigh any fish, but I did lose a hog on my second setup. I'm very confident the one fish alone would have put in me in fourth place alone by myself. I hooked it on one of my heavy surge rods, with a large Penn 220 reel, with the drag tight and it didnt slow him down at all. Based on some of my fish caught in the past, I'd guess this was at least a 50 pound fish but never got to see it, so its the classic one that got away. :crazy: Maybe next time. Hope to see you on the river soon. Cuz

12. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Enjoyed meeting other BOC members at the tournament and thanks for posting the results Cuz. Mike, I opened up a post about the tournament yesterday with some responces then somehow it got moved... I found it under tournaments inside general tournament stuff. I guess when we post info. under our State of Mo. to help inform other Mo. BOC members and then it's no longer there but moved, we must look elsewhere for info. in our State of Mo.

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Mike ,all I can say is we all made it through it in one piece.However none of us from the BOC did any good:sad2: .The winning weight was 234#I do believe,I know it was 200 thirty something. MYself and my partner caught one fish ,a channel about8 inches long Oh yeah and one soft shell. The winning fish was caught up at Saverton Dam on frozen and fresh Shad.Only thing good about it is I got to meet Cuz,his fishing partner and Mike J and his son -in-law. Oh well theres always next year(LORD WILLING).Anyway thats about it.

14. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    I had to deal for so many years with the bean counter mindset and yes I enjoy bringing common sense to light. I guess our local Mo. tournament info. must be made available to a universal site so the people from Wells England can find out about our local tournaments and our local people here in Mo. must leave their local allocated Mo. site and go to the universal site to find info. about whats happening locally..... ok, I'm done venting now, if we don't work at keeping a good functional system going then who knows what direction it will go. Back to the great part of BOC and that's the people that make it happen. Thanks MRR for helping us keep this on such a down to earth personal place to be. Enjoyed talking with you at the tournament and would like to get together. Maybe we could find out the wheres, how and what the big pound team were doing.

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Gentleman, it was a pleasure to meet you guys at the tournament. Hey Mike, in the future, if you will put the word MISSOURI in the title on your thread, they wont move it over to General Tournament talk. They do this to prevent certain folks from aggressively pumping up some of the tournaments in order to inflate the prize money. Just keep it specific to our state and you wont have any probs. I hope we can all get together and fish again before deer season. Maybe we can plan a mini get together up at Louisianna again. I liked fishing there. Nice to meet you guys. Be safe and God Bless. Cuz

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Hey Cuz the mini gettogether sounds like a good idea. However we might consider down around the Elsberry area. There is some darn good fishing in that area. Thats where We usually fish at . Between Clarksville and Winfield Dams.

17. jnjmeyer

jnjmeyer New Member

State:
    Richmond Heights Mo
    John, didn't know there were any other brothers besides me that fished the pool between Clarksville and Winfield. I have a place right on the river, the first house just south of the Hamburg ramp directly across from the MDR ramp. Due to medical problem haven't put the toon in yet, but plan to sometime in September. There is a pontoon tied up to my dock, but you can tie up on the other side. I'll be up there on Tues-Thurs next week. If you're around you can just tie up and knock on the door or call 618-232-1060(IL river house) or 314-644-4824(MO home). Maybe we can do a little fishin or just chat...whatever. C.Ya!

18. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I am sorry that I could not make it down (work) and family illness, but I do enjoy hearing about the fish. I miss seeing the boat set-ups, but I'll sure try to catch you another time. Again, thanks. Hannibal Mike