Save the Fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bryan8552, Aug 29, 2008.

How would you like to see NC waters managed

1. Let the biologists handle it

2. Only for the sake of the catfish

3. Only for the sake of the native fish

4. I don't really give a rat's rearend and I'd like to see a free for all

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    I'm posting this poll just out of curiosity to see what the overall attitude is toward NC waters and our fish. Please vote and feel free to make a post telling how you voted and why. Out of staters welcome.

Sorry, didn't work the first time.

2. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    I voted to let the biologists handle it. I think they know what's going on better than anyone else.

So far the way I voted is in the lead.

LOL !

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    you forgot to add "ill do what ever it takes to keep another from catching a fish" one.:smile2:

4. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I voted to let the biologists handle it.I think that is how it should be done everywhere,That is also one of the reasons we buy a fishing lisense is help them get paid to do it.

5. Wiskerstickerr

Wiskerstickerr New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I think that the biologists should handle it, but we have to do our part also. My organization has been taking measurements and weights and submitting them to the NC Wildlife guys to try and get an accurate sampling of the Catfish population. This is needed to try and put some creel and Trophy Cat limits in place. I have seen how this has worked for some other fisheries, the James River in VA in particular. If you want to go trophy cat hunting, just go up there for a few days especially in the fall and winter months. We called anything under 20lbs a dink. Almost every tournament held up there is a 2 fish limit and if you don't have close to 100lbs you probably won't be in the money.

6. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    "i really don't give rats rearend"

It doesnt matter, you guys in NC can't even agree to disagree. Heck for that matter you can't even stay on track, theres a post about fighting over stolen jugs that ends in electro shocking and tagging fish. lol

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    im from NC. oridgenaly hope you dont minde my vote i voted for the biolagist its worked in the past it should work now when i was a kid in nc we had no turkys now look at them thay are every wher that tels me thay know what thear doing my 2 cents:cool2:

8. Wiskerstickerr

Wiskerstickerr New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hey Kenlee, now some of us are trying to do our part, don't let the few spoil it for the many.
    By the way, I am not a NC native. I am here because of the Army and I originally hail from Nevada, MO so lets have a little slack.

:big_smile:

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    if the way the nc boys do thear post bothers you just dont read it prob solved but to come to one of thear threads and talking like all nc pepple are stupid is not cool just cause a few are dont mean thay all desrve to be talk to like that:angry:

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well if you don't care then don't post, simple as that. I love when guys from 1,000 miles away like to come to the forum just to poke fun. You must care more than you're letting on though if you read through over 10 pages of posts to figure out that it got slightly off topic over the course of a few days:wink: I bet there's one thing we can agree on is that if you don't have anything to add to the discussion other than to make fun of North Carolinians then just stay in the Missouri forum.

11. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    sailors rule, from the real river ratdivision 125 mekong delta 1968

12. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    I've been keeping an eye on the NC because I am thinking about relocating to NC, so I do have a little interest in the fellow fishing community.

I believe dabbling in fish biology is going to be more harmful than good, as with any experiment there should be a well thought out plan with set objectives and the ways and means to meet those objectives and an understand what the results mean.

A bunch of guys running around the rivers and lakes with fish stunning equipment is nuts and if their doing it in warm summer waters it also killing fish. Some things are best left to the more qualified and this is one of those things.

But don't worry Dallas1 by the time this thread runs its coarse it'll be the r&r guys against the alt guy against the guides and so on, and no body will have done or said any thing to improve the fishing in NC.

People are going to have to come together in a common interest and work together to improve those interest.

13. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Fatflattie, you are already off the subject, and Bryan stated that "out of staters welcome", don't turn this into a personal attack on me.

I care about fishing everywhere not just in my home state, this is the United States and for $30 bucks I can come down to NC and fish right by your side.

So who do you think should be managing the NC rivers and lakes, biologist or anyone and everyone?

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  15. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I have no problem with out of staters but you started to poke fun at our entire forum. If you care so much about fishing then why did you say you didn't give a rats rearend?

Also, if you notice I thanked you for your on topic post and to answer your question I'm one of the 27 people (so far) that voted for the biologists. Believe me if I could be one of those biologists working on the catfish studies in NC it would be the job that dreams are made of:dribble: I still look often for a job in that field, sure would beat cleaning fish for a living:smile2:

16. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    hey if you can't poke fun what fun is it,lol.

"If you care so much about fishing then why did you say you didn't give a rats rearend"

First, I think polls are completely worthless, and are a gimmic that the newsies use.

Second, to think anybody other than a biologist trained in fresh water habitats and ecosystems can do meaningful studies of the fish population and the effects that different types fishing have on the populations is nuts. These people are going to give you unbiased facts about the fisheries that your not going to get from the special interest groups.

Third, it was the the most entertaining choose on the poll.

I truely hope you guys and galls in NC can pull together and get some meaningful regs. that help support all catfishing in NC, so when I come down there all I have to do is fish.

17. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Kennylee, the Carolinas Catfish Club has done more in the past year to change catfish regulations than has ever been done in the history of this state. More is on the way, but it is a slow process. Education is the key, and that takes times. :wink:

18. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    I think what an outstanding member of the BOC, Mark J, was trying to tell you guys and everyone else, is by standing together we are strong, but divided we are easy targets for the anti's.

Where do you think gun rights and the NRA would be today if the shot gunners were against the riflemen and the riflemen were against the hand gunners and the hand gunners were against the muzzel loader, ect, ect.

When divided we're all an easy target to be pick off one at a time, but united their is no one that can take us down. Today it the juggers tomorrow its the trotliners and next week its the rod and reel guys.

I believe MarkJ's vision of the BOC was to build support and unite Brothers across the nation to prevent special interest from running rough shot over the fishing regs., like the NRA doesn't let anyone stand alone in the continual battle of gun rights.

So yes education is the key, but lets educate everyone on the same message, "united we stand and divided we fall" and that unity can't be acheived until we put our differences aside and join in a common interest, and that is the betterment of catfishing in NC and across the nation.

We're all fishermen and your way may not be my way but that doesn't mean your way and my way are the wrong way.

Your right it is a slow process, and even more so when government is involved.

Sorry for the sermon, I'm no preacher by any strech.

Lets go fishin.

Just to stay on subgect; Let the biologist handle it.

19. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i realy dident mean to atak you you do have good points you just kinda come of as a a$$ to begin with with the rats a$$ speach so i will drop it now and apolagize im from nc. is y i was kinda p od and defending the nc boys nc will always be home to me:cool2:

20. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I think MarkJ jst liked t hear his jaws flap and didnt givea rip about the BOC just an argument.

I say let the Biologist handle it with assistance from all fisherman and clubs in the state with data to help them get an accuratte overview of the whole state. CCC keep up the good work in NC.