Savannah River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by chrisblue, Aug 6, 2006.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    This is another desperate attempt to find out info on the Savannah again preferably behind Clark Hill dam.Maybe theres some new members that has fished there.Information like is it safe to run or is it hazardous and what species of cats do you catch most of would be O' so nice.

2. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Chris
    I do fish the savannah river alot, only not that far up. All of my fishing has been from about the Slyvania area downriver. There are a lot of nice blues and channels in this area with a lot of good spots in the river to fish for them. Let me do a little digging around from a couple of buddies of mine who fish that area around Lincolnton and see what they know.:cool2:

3. SloWater

SloWater New Member

State:
    TN
    Chrisblue,
    I have made only one post in the time I have been a member and I used to fish the section from Thurman Dam down to Stevens Creek Dam years ago.
    I admit I have not been fishing there in years.
    I have now quit my job (not retired, just tired and quit) and am planning on going to fish some. I still have a jonboat and hopefully should be using the Stevens creek landing and the one below Thurman dam, The one between
    (I think it is Fury's Ferry) had some trouble in the past, but I do not know about now.
    If you hear anything then would you let me know please.
    Thanks Gordon

4. azfshn23

azfshn23 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    clark hill dam is a good spot

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I don't know anything about the river but Monday I'll be in the Aiken area so I plan on looking into it.